ACCURA and OPTIMA owners please take..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cajun, I agree. That is why I did not post my finding them... but I should have so that we can all at least discuss it.

What one may assume is ok (like I did) might not really be safe. I have learned from this... if anything shows up, post it for discussion. That is the safest route. Kudos and thanks to our hawgslayer our "originating thread starter!" :D

NCS,

THANK YOU, but not needed. I just wanted everyone to check their ML because of the safety issue. I wanted everyone who owns a CVA ACCURA or OPTIMA or any CVA for that matter to check so they wouldn't get hurt or hurt someone :!: :!: :!:

frontier gander said:
Busta said:
frontier gander said:
what kind of primers were you using? ive shot the 444 powerbelts with 100gr RS and when using the W209, it was very clean in there.

Are you guys slamming your accuras shut? I always use the lever and close it gently. I had an old h&r break open O/U .22/410 and i used to slam it shut. It broke on me due to the slamming so i decided i wouldnt do that on my accura.

What Model was that H&R O/U .22/410? Never seen one of those. Savage maybe???

Do not remember the model. It was a harrington and richardson though. It had a .22cal up on top and the 410 shotgun on the bottom. It was a sweet little shooter but from slamming it shut all the time, it busted the lock up latch and the firing pin. The gun smith wanted close to $200 to repair it and so it went onto an auction. That was a great little set up on that rifle.

Frontier Gander,

I bet you thought I forgot about this one, didn't you? I called you on it back on June 29th, and you couldn't give me anything that would make me believe you. This is the second time I have called you out on something negative pertaining to a NEF or H&R Product, yet were unable to provide any shread of proof. So I am giving you the chance to come clean, right here and now. I have wasted enough of my time researching something that I suspect was never made in the first place.

When someone tells me something that I find suspect, I do a little research on the subject. I made a post over at Graybeards back on June 29th, about this elusive H&R Break Open O/U .22/410 that you speak of, not one out of the thousands of H&R/NEF owners has ever seen one, nor has someone I would consider an EXPERT. Here is a statement from a H&R Collector, and who I would consider an EXPERT on the subject. He has literally seen thousands, and owns several hundred himself..

I have been collecting and researching H&R firearms for the past 15+ years. I currently own over 400 examples and have owned another 200+ and have seen several thousand others - I have never seen nor heard of an H&R over under chambered in .22/.410. H&R did offer a Brazilian made (Rossi IIRC) .410 over/under shotgun back in the 70's.

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/ ... 874.0.html

Do you think it might have been a Savage, Bakail, another brand, or just pure BS? I do!

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Hope you have not been losing sleep over such a silly thing. :goodman:

frontier gander said:
Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Hope you have not been losing sleep over such a silly thing. :goodman:

Nope, not losing sleep, just don't like it when people lie to me! This, and the other STORY about the muzzleloading receiver, just proves to me your delusional. Maybe you should know a little more about your subject matter before spewing BS?

Your right about one thing, SILLY! :roll:

I know I'm late to the party but I must say that crack on that barrel lug looks suspect to me. I wouldn't shoot it and would demand CVA fixes it. There is no excuse for a crack like that other than poor quality material and/or craftsmanship. We encounter cracks like that on our weapons in the military once in a blue moon and when we do, we immediately replace the part. A cracked part is a cracked part and is considered unsafe and unserviceable.

And oh yeah... I don't have any cracks or any weird looking wear marks on my Endeavors barrel or receiver. :)

BUSTA: If I may, please consider the position that people can and do make "mistakes." This is reflected in the fact that I doubt you have scored perfect scores on every single exam, test, etc that you have ever taken.

In your previous response you stated... " just proves to me your delusional." Please note that you made a mistake: the word YOUR is incorrect. It should read "you're." You are not telling us a lie are you?

Making a simple mistake is NOT to be confused with "telling a lie" to someone.

In the future, if you ask me a question, I will answer it to the best of my ability. If I answer incorrectly I am NOT telling you a lie. I may have just made a simple mistake like you just did above.

I hope that you consider this in the future. It's not personal. Have a great day! :D

Signed,
Your favorite mistake maker from California

NorCalSkinner

I am not totally understanding your comments back at Busta... In your post - you post a discussion as if Busta might have written the reply to you! When I go back and read it - it seems the reply is addressed to 'Frontier Gander' and is not directed at you at all... Am I missing something?

sabotloader,
I am just offering a "third party opinion."

It is my simple desire that we consider that there is a difference between telling a lie, and making a mistake. I think that BUSTA jumped the gun, (pun intended!) and decided that FG was telling him a lie, when in fact it may just be a simple mistake.... one that we all make... including the one here, where I may have made a mistake jumping in between them, when I should have stayed on the sidelines.... naw, I am happy I did!

:D This site is just too great to let small mistakes ruin everyone's fun. :D

Cheers all!
:D

Busta said:
frontier gander said:

Nope, not losing sleep, just don't like it when people lie to me! This, and the other STORY about the muzzleloading receiver, just proves to me your delusional. Maybe you should know a little more about your subject matter before spewing BS?

I Lied? Thats a strong word there buddy. You are jumping the gun. Why would something like this that happened... oh going on 6? years ago bother you so much? I believed it was an H&R, but over that many years, i can not recall 100%. Its very silly to go for someones throat over something that does not matter. I know you enjoy your h&r/nef's. My comment about my O/U breaking from slamming it shut was in no way to put down the maker of the product. Now i will look through the records (used to deal used firearm sales b4 ebay went yuppie) and will see if i can find the reciept to find out what the rifle was. No promises though .

I got it now. It was a Stevens .22/.410 O/U. NEF/H&R and these Steves look so much alike. Either way, it broke from the slamming it shut, thats one of the reasons i personally do not like slamming the break opens shut anymore. Kinda like using Duralast plug wires, Wont go that route again either!

We cool now Busta?

frontier gander said:
Busta said:
frontier gander said:

I Lied? Thats a strong word there buddy. You are jumping the gun. Why would something like this that happened... oh going on 6? years ago bother you so much? I believed it was an H&R, but over that many years, i can not recall 100%. Its very silly to go for someones throat over something that does not matter. I know you enjoy your h&r/nef's. My comment about my O/U breaking from slamming it shut was in no way to put down the maker of the product. Now i will look through the records (used to deal used firearm sales b4 ebay went yuppie) and will see if i can find the reciept to find out what the rifle was. No promises though .

I got it now. It was a Stevens .22/.410 O/U. NEF/H&R and these Steves look so much alike. Either way, it broke from the slamming it shut, thats one of the reasons i personally do not like slamming the break opens shut anymore. Kinda like using Duralast plug wires, Wont go that route again either!

We cool now Busta?

I never said YOU lied, I said, "just don't like it when people lie to me". If the shoe fits.......? I was giving you the opportunity to show me you were "mistaken" when I said "Savage maybe"? You said, "Do not remember the model. It was a harrington and richardson though."

Now that you have "remembered" that it wasn't in fact a H&R, we are cool on this one. All I was asking for in the first place.

As soon as you can show me that NEF Huntsman receiver that the blowback eroded away the standing breech, we will be cool on that too. If you need me to refresh your memory, I can. Just a pic of the receiver will do.

I think it was summed up best in an earlier post.

i recall a nef with the gas cutting on the frame. I believe it was posted by Pglasgo on huntingnet years ago and he provided pictures. I do recall that topic being on gbo as well.

Jeesh, looks like we need to start putting Disclaimer at the end of each and every post just to be protected.

i talked to Mark last week and he too agreed that they are cosmetic and will cause no problems. He went to the Factory last friday and was going to bring it up with those guys.

Back