cva accura lr-x = poor results

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooohhh .... ok . so the problem is just fit and finish/build quality . but not to the degree that it seems to impair accuracy ?
My gun locks up nice, the front forearm is off a bit. But it's a budget gun. Mass production is not going to perfect.
I did alot of reading on people's issues, most of the issues come from cleaning and loading. These are not guns for standard bullets and pellet powders.
I shoot bullet to bore that are custom sized and loose powder that is weight not volume.

maybe in a year or two the MRX series will be better after CVA figures out that folks won't buy guns that wobble and aren't accurate .
is CVA's optima series still safe to buy ?
The .50 cals seem to be getting better reviews than the .45s. The Optimas only come in .50 and are sounding like the better deal lately.

It kinda like eatting a burger as a kid. You get it how they make it and then take off the things you don't like and eat it anyway. Lol

It’s the new “X” rifles. Hopefully they will
Get the bugs out of their production soon. For now I wouldnt take an X if you paid me. Might get lucky, might not. Stick with the Optima and accura V-2s. I realize they don’t make the Accura V2 any more but can buy used.

Yea
I will gladly help you guys get rid of all them cva muzzleloader that won't shoot. I can pm you my address.
I bet he will sell you his brand new gun for 80 cents on the dollar. Any gun that it’s best is 2&1/2” when shot at the factory, prob from a gun vice with a scope, you can have. Might be able to improve. Might not.

It has been my understanding that “guaranteed accuracy” means at least 1&1/2” at 100 yards. We should all email the company and ask that question with the caveat: “if that is your idea of accurate I will be buying a knight.

These .45 barrels on the new models truly have problems! And if you point that out on one of their pages, your posts are apt to disappear (Fakebook). The criticism is well deserved. I don't know what's going on but when I'm told a sloppy-assed barrel meets their specs you really have to wonder what's happened. The Bergara barrel reputation is no longer deserved.

These .45 barrels on the new models truly have problems! And if you point that out on one of their pages, your posts are apt to disappear (Fakebook). The criticism is well deserved. I don't know what's going on but when I'm told a sloppy-assed barrel meets their specs you really have to wonder what's happened. The Bergara barrel reputation is no longer deserved.
Sadly, your post is 100% - on point. There really is no acceptable excuse for it either. CVA/Bergara had the prime opportunity to boldly step to the forefront of the modern muzzleloading world, & they completely blew it.

Sadly, your post is 100% - on point. There really is no acceptable excuse for it either. CVA/Bergara had the prime opportunity to boldly step to the forefront of the modern muzzleloading world, & they completely blew it.
Im thinking that talking to Mark Woodman about making a replacement barrel for an MR-X .45 is a good way to get a great ML

Im thinking that talking to Mark Woodman about making a replacement barrel for an MR-X .45 is a good way to get a great ML
Yessir, great idea. If - you can get Mark to do it, he's extremely overloaded with his production guns & the project guns he's taken on. It sure wouldn't hurt to ask him about doing one, or doing a Kodiak SML conversion - like the Omegas.

Yeah I thought the same thing.
Them calling a 2.5” group at only 100yds a “ good group “ with a modern scoped inline is BS.
If you have one that has barrel issues and the barrel has no wobble. Accurize the barrel and try grouping using several powders and bullets. Even the worst I've seen will shoot 2.5 groups.

If you have one that has barrel issues and the barrel has no wobble. Accurize the barrel and try grouping using several powders and bullets. Even the worst I've seen will shoot 2.5 groups.
Thanks hairybird
But my V2 .45 shoots fantastic with both bore riders & sabots. It has no issues whatsoever, fortunately. I can easily stack 3 in a hole at 100yds & under MOA at 200yds with sabots. I’ll be keeping mine. I hunt out of a self climber & my Accura V2 is what goes with me.

Not me but from Facebook group. That is a open site lrx cva. Don't doubt the gun men. Proof in the picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220912-151750_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220912-151750_Facebook.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back