CVA Optima 2012 model

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need help with trigger assembly. My friend took his CVA Optima apart for cleaning... He thought the trigger assembly would come out as an assembly....Well it doesn't. He brought it to me in pieces and I'm stumped as there is very little on re-assembly online. Anyone ever had to put all this back together?

I have that one but his Optima is the earlier version with only 3 pin holes and the button in front of the trigger guard not at the bottom of the trigger guard. I'll post up a picture

Hello all, I need some help on a CVA Optima Elite trigger assembly. A buddy of mine borrowed this rifle and right after a spring broke in the trigger mechanism, so he tried to disassemble and fix it and realized it does not go back together easily. I do some gunsmithing and realized it will not be easy to put back together so I contacted CVA/BPI Outdoors and learned they have to assemble it with a jig/fixture. So I said if they have to do it that way I think I can create a homemade fixture. I figure out where all the parts get assembled but having problems with figuring out where the trigger spring gets placed and where it anchors to. If anyone has a similar rifle can you pull back the hammer and send me a picture of the internal parts looking down past the hammer, inside the action/receiver? See attached pictures, the orange arrow points to the spring I am trying to figure out and I believe it goes on the underside of the trigger on the wood dowel I have orange dots on. Thanks!
View attachment 13359View attachment 13360
This is from earlier this year and may help.

Per the serial number this is a 2012 model with barrel release in front of the trigger guard and only uses 2 pins to hold trigger assembly in the reciever

Attachments

• 2012 CVA Optima.jpg
    2012 CVA Optima.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 19
Picture is of a Wolf. Here is the actual patient...Early Optima's had the same trigger assembly as the Wolf

Attachments

• CVA Optima action.jpg
    CVA Optima action.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 30
That looks like a Optima V1 with QRBP. The first Optimas with a QRBP had the front mounted action release. The V2 had the action release as part of the trigger guard. QRBP models started showing up either in late 2009 or 2010.

IMG_0865.jpgIMG_0864.jpg

this was on huntingnet a very long time ago maybe it will help bottom pic its first

Don't even bother with cva. All they will say is that you have voided the warranty. I have done this myself. I do it with 2 extra pins. Cut em from brass round stock. You have to assemble it piece by piece pulling the pins back and forth putting spring to each side to slide in the hammer sear and springs. Its hard to explain. If you need some help pm me and I can probably talk you through it if we get on the phone. If you would like to send it to me I can get it back together the day i get it and get it heading back to you the same day or the next at the latest.

Back