Need supply list - TRADITIONS SHOOTERS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FrontierGander said:
comes out very easily with your finger tips.
thank FG for supplies and i already make ordered from sportsman guides they have all what u list supplies expect for birch wood casey  and o ring 
some jags that come with pack that save me money 
range rod does come with jag
cva universal starter come with many bullet seating jags

i expect to get hold of lane tube for size need shoot between 90 to 110 or 120 gr depend on bullet accuracy with LDR

excellent! Sounds like you've made a mark in the list so far. The costs up front to get into muzzleloading does get a bit crazy, but it is a must have. Its like reloading for a centerfire, only the centerfire stuff like presses and the dies, are a lot more expensive up front LOL.

That CVA shot starter has about 6 or 8 attachments but it just duplicates 3 or 4. It has 2 for plastic tipped bullets like PT Golds and 2 for hollow point bullets that looks like a spike plus 2 domed and 2 flat ones, I think. It's a nice short starter.

I just got through ordering $140 worth of little things from TOTW. It adds up.

patocazador said:
That CVA shot starter has about 6 or 8 attachments but it just duplicates 3 or 4. It has 2 for plastic tipped bullets like PT Golds and 2 for hollow point bullets that looks like a spike plus 2 domed and 2 flat ones, I think. It's a nice short starter.

I just got through ordering $140 worth of little things from TOTW. It adds up.
Bob, everytime I order from John at Track I'm surprised at what I just spent for what I'm getting. 

I try and keep an accurate accounting for the rifle parts needed to build one of the GRRW Collectors Association firearms. That's like a every other week double check with the cost of part changes. I remind the customers what was quoted last month will most likely change next month going up. This is were the original GRRW firm got in trouble with taking deposits, when time to build that customers rifle the parts price has gone out the window. 

Today that same issue is still around, you have parts on the bench for a while and in a few months you can't  replace them for the original cost.  :slaps:    :Questuon:

FrontierGander said:
oh okay excellent, thats easy then LOL.

The links I am going to give are from the traditions site but you do not have to order directly from them, its just easier to show you what you WILL need and give you the basic idea of what these items look like.

Items you need when shooting loose powder:  Click on item titles to go to the live link

Powder Measure
</a><a href="https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t395-lane-s-powder-tubes">Lanes Powder Tubes
Powder Flask ( I see you already have that on your list)

Loading your Projectile must haves:
Bullet Seating Jag
Short starter
Capper
Range Rod

Cleaning Supplies:
Cleaning Jag
Breech Brush Set
Bristle brush " Old tooth brush works great as well"

Now because you are using Blackhorn209, You made my job extremely east on this part.

No live link, walmart and most gun stores have this in supply

Bore Cleaners & Rust Protectent
Birchwood Casey 2 in 1 Bore Scrubber "Cleans BH209 very easily"
Birchwood Casey Barricade " Protection inside & outside of rifle!"

Breech Plug:
For your breech plug you will have to go down to the hardware store and pick up an 1/8" drill bit to de-carbon your breech plugs flash channel like the diagram below: Do this every 6 to 10 shots to keep primer gasses flowing smooth.
bp_diagram.jpg

Tune Up!

The Traditions inlines, suffer the same fate as CVA inlines, they are built with loose headspace so you can pretty much use any 209 primer without trouble. The problem with Traditions and loose headspace, the frame is softer alloy which easily dents when the rifle is fired and the primer blows back into the frame. A very very simple fix to make it last a life time as well as keep it 100% blow by free is to install a single O ring found HERE 

Shipping is not expensive for these and you get a big supply of them. These O rings last anywhere from 30 to 60 shots depending how good you are at keeping your plugs flash channel clean.
DSCN3802.jpg

My LDR I had last year,
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com/t3892-traditions-ultra-light-ldr?highlight=traditions+ldr

FG
 I can sell him one of my short starter if he wants one? I just made 3 of my original ones with the 9 mm casing tips and I did 2 more with the brass ramrod ends.
Stoney

Back