Smokeless WHY

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya. its like painting flames and putting mag's on your Yugo to make it go faster!
Yugo
You must be as old as I am lol....

I'd compare it more to a top fuel dragster.
When your pushing a 300grn bullet near 3000 ft/sec with sub minute accuracy.
That's more hp than a 45/70 and close to a 458win mag. Far cry from a Yugo....imho
I'd put my smokeless up against any of my bolt guns for a cold bore shot.
The point is it's a new fun challenge that is enjoyed by many..

Yugo
You must be as old as I am lol....

I'd compare it more to a top fuel dragster.
When your pushing a 300grn bullet near 3000 ft/sec with sub minute accuracy.
That's more hp than a 45/70 and close to a 458win mag. Far cry from a Yugo....imho
I'd put my smokeless up against any of my bolt guns for a cold bore shot.
The point is it's a new fun challenge that is enjoyed by many..
Yes.I must be as old... bet ya there are some of ya out there that said,what the hell is a Yugo.I'm sure the SML's are a great fun project.I'm still working on making what I have work better and I like to make them smoke.

Yes.I must be as old... bet ya there are some of ya out there that said,what the hell is a Yugo.I'm sure the SML's are a great fun project.I'm still working on making what I have work better and I like to make them smoke.
Yugo isn't that a newer model. I remember the Simca n MG's n those Ford T's i used to hand crank

I don't understand why a smokeless m/z build takes a $500 gun and makes it worth $3000 to $5000 .I can buy a lot of cleaning supplies for the difference. If just cleanup is the reason but maybe it is the increase in range but some people shooting Black can and do seem to shoot long distance .Guess I just don't get it . I am not wanting to argue just me I guess
A CVA Scout 45-70 conversion turns a $300 gun into $1000 gun. Smokeless powder is less expensive to shoot, you can get higher velocity from loads that are not obtainable with BP or its subsitutes, ease of maintenance and less recoil. If you're spending $3000 - $5000 on cleaning supplies.😳
Buy a Scout, have it converted, and save money....lol....

anyone convert a pistil?
Closest ive done is getting a .45 Colt conversion cylinder fro Kirst for my ROA. Doesnt really need much as its nearly a Ruger BlackHawk to begin with, so its built like a tank, literally. Although there was a guy doing real smokeless conversions to the ROAs and i think even made some into .50cal(5 shot?).
I would love to have a sml .45 barrel made for my Optima pistol.

A CVA Scout 45-70 conversion turns a $300 gun into $1000 gun. Smokeless powder is less expensive to shoot, you can get higher velocity from loads that are not obtainable with BP or its subsitutes, ease of maintenance and less recoil. If you're spending $3000 - $5000 on cleaning supplies.😳
Buy a Scout, have it converted, and save money....lol....
OK

Geez….since everyone’s Smokeless Muzzy shoots like a match grade benchrest 7mmmag maybe these weapons should be relegated to centerfire rifle tags only….and leave the originally intended reason for the season to those whose guns and powder actually smokes when fired…

Geez….since everyone’s Smokeless Muzzy shoots like a match grade benchrest 7mmmag maybe these weapons should be relegated to centerfire rifle tags only….and leave the originally intended reason for the season to those whose guns and powder actually smokes when fired…
Unfortunately here in S. MI theML season is now a free-for-all. We can use MLs, shotguns, and straight wall CF rifles(350 & 400 Legend, 450 BM, 44mag, .357). No dedicated traditional season even being discussed(disgust?).

In those states where the traditional Shooters Are Ringing their hands because they're quote season isn't traditionally ruled enough to their liking why don't they just remember they have the freedom to hunt as traditional as they want to no one is stopping them all of the rifle season they can carry their traditional rifle sometimes I just don't understand the traditional rifle sentiment, why don't we just go back to Spears and rocks let's make it as primitive as we can.

In those states where the traditional Shooters Are Ringing their hands because they're quote season isn't traditionally ruled enough to their liking why don't they just remember they have the freedom to hunt as traditional as they want to no one is stopping them all of the rifle season they can carry their traditional rifle sometimes I just don't understand the traditional rifle sentiment, why don't we just go back to Spears and rocks let's make it as primitive as we can.
I would have tried spear hunting when i was a little younger. Not now tho. Saw some videos of pig hunting with spears, that looked like insane fun(and dangerous)!

I had a friend years ago hog hunting that had his mind set on making a video like the Rambo scene where Rambo Dives out of the tree with the spear and kills the hog it didn't go too good it's just say that

Closest ive done is getting a .45 Colt conversion cylinder fro Kirst for my ROA. Doesnt really need much as its nearly a Ruger BlackHawk to begin with, so its built like a tank, literally. Although there was a guy doing real smokeless conversions to the ROAs and i think even made some into .50cal(5 shot?).
I would love to have a sml .45 barrel made for my Optima pistol.
I would like a optima style single shot pistol that could be converted ( If it didn't shoot good with BP )

You could find one of those old Remington Centerfire pistols I forget what they were called and I think more recently Savage had a Centerfire pistol too either one of those should be easy to put a 45 Cal Barrel on but the bridge plug and run modules in it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back