New to Muzzle Loading. Meat and Potatoes Hunter. Seeking Advice.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill be contrarian and say

Get bore diameter maxiball from track of the wolf

Lube bottom band using plain criso

Slap it on top of 70-90gr 3f real black (same cost when ordering as pyrodex or t7 and less corrosive than either) with maybe a felt wad between powder and slug

Zero at 75 yards, check impact at 25 yard increments to 150 yards

Go hunting

Well I went to sight in and I got great groups. However, as I was trying to get elevation just right, I had to have the sight all the way down the ramp almost half hanging off to be a just about right. Anyways I tried to adjust back up a bit and went too far. A now I cannot get the sight to move up or down more than maybe a an 1/8th of an inch. It seems like it is bound up somehow, even if I take the set screw all the way out it will not slide up down. I tried looking in the hole but I cannot tell whats going on, it almost looks like shiny (damaged)metal but the set screw looks fine when I remove it?
It's hitting about 3 inches low so I would love to get this fixed but am running out of time. I may have time for one more trip to the range before season starts. Thanks!

For your future hunts in the following years, chit can the CVA and buy a Woodman patriot. Last muzzy you would ever need. The money you spent on the wolf you were half way there. Remember buy once, cry once! There made in the USA, 100% quality….

Well I went to sight in and I got great groups. However, as I was trying to get elevation just right, I had to have the sight all the way down the ramp almost half hanging off to be a just about right. Anyways I tried to adjust back up a bit and went too far. A now I cannot get the sight to move up or down more than maybe a an 1/8th of an inch. It seems like it is bound up somehow, even if I take the set screw all the way out it will not slide up down. I tried looking in the hole but I cannot tell whats going on, it almost looks like shiny (damaged)metal but the set screw looks fine when I remove it?
It's hitting about 3 inches low so I would love to get this fixed but am running out of time. I may have time for one more trip to the range before season starts. Thanks!
Either fix or replace that sight, or increase your charge until your POI is 3" higher at your zero range or try a lighter bullet with your current charge to do the same thing. Good luck with that.

Latest posts

Back