CVA Hawken 50cal. Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The condor, which is an oversized buzzard and just about gone. They figure it was eating all those animals shot with lead bullets which we unethical slobs didn't bother to haul out of the woods, and so they get lead poisoning. Or something to that effect. I'm not sure if there are still any condors around. The last I heard there were only half dozen or so left. Not a huge gene pool to build a sustainable population from!
OH YEA THEY POPULATION IS RISING I LOOK UP ALL THE TIME,I WAS BORN IN MOJAVE AND MY FATHER AND HIS UNCLES BUILT THE RUNWAYS AT EDWARDS AIR BASE THAT HELPED GET US TO THE MOON, MY NAME IS RICKY,NIEL ARMSTRING HAD A SON NAMED RICKY I WAS BORE 7-20-54 THEY LANDED ON THE MOON 7-20-69 ON MY BIRTHDAY, WHAT A COWINKY DINK!. NOW I LIVE NEAR LEMOORE AIR BASE AND THEY FLY OVER MY HOUSE ON THE WAY TO NAVADA TO DO MANUEVERS,MIGHT SAY I KNOW THE PILOTS. THE GUY IN THAT PLANE BROGHT THAT TO MY HOUSE AND FOUND OUT HE LIVES NEAR ME.
~WH~

Attachments

• 47509180_10218170842532224_6662055636911521792_o.jpg
    47509180_10218170842532224_6662055636911521792_o.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 14
Ok I finally got an answer. After 6 left messages I had a lieutenant with the department of fish and game for the zone that if I were to get drawn tell me that as long as it’s lead free and be either a hollow point or polymer tip full bore or sabot it ok to use. In California muzzleloader seasons zones.

I have a feeling he'll show you the Thor sabots.

I know guys who use the Barnes T-EZ in 1-48 twist guns. Use the 250gr and not the 290gr.

Ok Missouri smoke pole I probably will I just have about 3 lbs so I thought I would use that since I had it then use Goex

Go ahead and use the Swiss. It's all I shot for years. It was much cheaper then.

Goex is cheaper even if we do have to use more of it to equal the fps of Swiss.

One thing I like about Goex in my old age is it has a softer recoil than Swiss.

Go ahead and use the Swiss. It's all I shot for years. It was much cheaper then.

Goex is cheaper even if we do have to use more of it to equal the fps of Swiss.

One thing I like about Goex in my old age is it has a softer recoil than Swiss.

Amen brother .... :thumbs up:

buck conner.jpg

I remember reading a report of two condors that were found dead. One died because it had swallowed a quarter that lodged in its throat. The other had either been shot or had lead poisoning, can't remember the specifics on that one. There were so many ways the bird could have been poisoned but they automatically blamed it on hunters. The way I see it they need to ban quarters in Ca. Copper will be banned in a few years when they detect copper poisoning in a dead bird.

Got to admit they are magnificent birds when seen up close.

Yes, I know. How come they aren't dying anywhere else? They're probably dying from the smog.
They mostly only live in California is why they're not dying anywhere else. That's the California Condor you're talking about right? They're starting to move into Idaho I heard. That place is so bad that even the condors are leaving!

As far as non-toxic round balls go, the place that makes ITX shot sells ITX round balls. Don't know how those work if they don't obturate? Never tried them.

As far as non-toxic round balls go said:
No obturation required. A 1/2” hole thru the lungs will stop ‘em. Most CF projectiles don’t mushroom much past 1/2” if any.

Latest posts

Back