Omega action

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be true, but once you quit black, you’ll never go back.
Thats true as well, with me anyway. If only black powder & pyrodex were the only options, I would not be into muzzleloaders today. The same goes for round balls, if that was the only thing avail or allowed by law, I would not be into muzzleloaders today.
Sooo thankfully, neither are the case.

Well for the money I decided to buy it $70.15 shipped. Is listed as NOS and he is a highly rated seller so we will see. If it turns out to be nice, I will decide what to do with it.
Good for you.

Been doing some reading on the forum and all positive. Not in a rush but I really want a smokeless gun.
The money you saved on the frame put the rest in the barrel. Go smokeless.

So can anyone tell me an approximate price to get a barrel from Woodman and use this action and the laminate thumbhole stock to build a smokeless. If someone will PM me I might go that route
Why would you ask that in here, or anywhere else other than simply asking Mark via email or even a PM in here?
That kinda practice reminds me of the ridiculousness in asking the cow what the horse thinks when they are in the same pen.

"The money you saved on the frame put the rest in the barrel. Go smokeless.".... LBAhunter

I'm with LBAhunter on this.

I have the one smokeless. I have a handful of in-lines that I have used with BH209 for hunting, or T7 fffg at the bench, and honestly these guns have not seen any decent bench time this year. I shoot the smokeless gun more than anything and enjoy it a whole lot more. The only BH gun I shoot regularly is the Optima pistol.

And honestly, I think if this T/C venture hopes to make it, they should focus on smokeless with that Omega chassis and do as Woodman does....offer different barrels and stock options. Black powder guns have been beat to death with all the competition between CVA, T/C in the past, and Traditions. There simply isn't anything to be tried that can be called "new" anymore.

Last edited:
What’s the old quote that some throw out here frequently?

“SMLs make the best BP sub rifles!”

True.

"The money you saved on the frame put the rest in the barrel. Go smokeless.".... LBAhunter

I'm with LBAhunter on this.

I have the one smokeless. I have a handful of in-lines that I have used with BH209 for hunting, or T7 fffg at the bench, and honestly these guns have not seen any decent bench time this year. I shoot the smokeless gun more than anything and enjoy it a whole lot more. The only BH gun I shoot regularly is the Optima pistol.

And honestly, I think if this T/C venture hopes to make it, they should focus on smokeless with that Omega chassis and do as Woodman does....offer different barrels and stock options. Black powder guns have been beat to death with all the competition between CVA, T/C in the past, and Traditions. There simply isn't anything to be tried that can be called "new" anymore.
^^^^This^^^^

Why would you ask that in here, or anywhere else other than simply asking Mark via email or even a PM in here?
That kinda practice reminds me of the ridiculousness in asking the cow what the horse thinks when they are in the same pen.
I frequently stand outside the barnyard and ask them both what they think

Latest posts

Back