Omega Sight In

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sighted in my Omega for my son this weekend. The barrel was the tightest barrel I ever tried to load.I could barely get super glide sabots with 250 grain Shockwaves to load even after a damp patch ran down. We got it sighted in pretty quick. I was gonna convert it to smokeless 45 but it shot so good I may keep it stock.
Good thing I bought a extra "donor" Omega for the action because my new Woodman smokeless barrel will be here Thursday!!!!

I shot my new to me Omega for the second time today and was pleasantly surprised again.
I bought this one second hand.Wasn't a mark on it.It could not have been shot much.I have been shooting my Encore since a couple of years after it came out.The Omega shot great! I still gotta set my smokeless Encore.

I had an Arrowhead Encore barrel, but I ended up selling it. For the way I hunt, a smokepole works just fine.

Since I bought the Omega, I’ve entertained a Woodsman smokeless barrel for it, but I absolutely don’t need it.

I have an Omega barrel available, brand new. It was supposed to be a 28" barrel, but I missed the change in an email and made a 26". I'm making that customer a 28" when the blank arrives.
It is a Brux .45 cal, 1.00" shank, 1-18 twist, 26" long, .750 muzzle, threaded for a brake 3/4-24. I'm sure it won't hang around too long.

I have an Omega barrel available, brand new. It was supposed to be a 28" barrel, but I missed the change in an email and made a 26". I'm making that customer a 28" when the blank arrives.
It is a Brux .45 cal, 1.00" shank, 1-18 twist, 26" long, .750 muzzle, threaded for a brake 3/4-24. I'm sure it won't hang around too long.
I wish I had of knew 28" was an option. I will be fine with the 26" though....

Latest posts

Back