CVA Hawken 50cal. Question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I know. How come they aren't dying anywhere else? They're probably dying from the smog.

As soon as you can figure out if sabots are allowing during ML season, I'll have you an easy load to try out in that Hawken.

I used to correspond with a knowledgeable hunter on another forum who killed a number of deer with patched brass ball in his flintlocks. Can't recall exactly where he got them but I've seen them in various sizes from a number of sources. This was several years ago. I would imagine they are easy to find.

They should let you use lead bullets like the rest of the world. What makes California so different?
A bunch of welfare recipients and liberal idiots that vote for someone else to take care of them. Fools to the max!

Hold on to your hat Pete. I'm told by several guys in other associations/organizations from around the US that there are new rulings coming about the use of lead. Probably we'll see this mentioned this year with lead shot then watch that rulling move to bullets/balls like done in CA. :coffee:

buck conner.jpg

Pellets in the lakes and ponds like else where in the country. What about all the other trash we see like the plastic holders for cans, plastic pop bottles and so on. It would be nice to see some of our tax dollars used to cleanup this crap too (they collect our money for roads then use it for schools !@#$%^ ).

That rejection will be short lived when the CA folks now living in CO get hold of it. Have some friends that live in Akron CO that have been watching the DOW folks stiff soil on some of the local ranches in the area (what's that all about) ?

buck conner.jpg

Good point Pete. Hell there's lead everywhere. Read an article a while back that Sherman/Williams Paint has been buying up the competition because they claim they no longer use lead in their products. :thumbs up:

buck conner.jpg

They should let you use lead bullets like the rest of the world. What makes California so different?
The condor, which is an oversized buzzard and just about gone. They figure it was eating all those animals shot with lead bullets which we unethical slobs didn't bother to haul out of the woods, and so they get lead poisoning. Or something to that effect. I'm not sure if there are still any condors around. The last I heard there were only half dozen or so left. Not a huge gene pool to build a sustainable population from!

~WH~

Yes, I know about the condors but California isn't the only state with condors.

The California Condor was found dead a few times and or birds of prey.They used that to say they died of Lead poisoning. But i did some research on that and found a gal that was part of reintro duction into the wild. She stated that when they were hand fed by humans it took away what parent Condors would have taught them in the wild, to look for carein (dead animals) by doing so they found a huge human dump grounds near San Diego and they were eating reats or whatever but also getting all kinds plastics and such in their intestines and were dying off again,then they went after shooting ranges and actually had a few shut down.This was at least 10 years ago or more,i remember watching the process,afterward they started putting hatchlings in nests down south i am mid Ca. way north of San Diego apparently there is an area there that alot of Condor nest.The numbers are climbing it an awsome sight to see a condor,they can fly the length of Ca. with a good up draft and never bat a wing! It does not bother me if they ban lead as long as they replace it with something as good or better.Yes we have to use copper,steel shot, and such,as far as Black Powder shooting the firearms are not considered guns and i'm not shooting copper or anything else out of my Cap and Balls.Right now we are acred to death about a Prop 13 we passed years ago as far as property tax,they want to get rid of prop 13 and have it disguised as a prop to get money to schools,they just build schools all around housing districts,if it passes my mortgage goes up about 700.00 we are fighting hard right now to recall the governor,i believe we have the numbers but they wont accept the paperwork,between Ca, and Virginian where it all started,it mat start all over again, our own sheriff told us to get our permits becuase they may not be able to hold the crime rate here down and stated he ain't taking anybodys gun. As some other in the USA have stated.This is real tyranny,GODBLESS AMERICA,AND HURRY!!!

Latest posts

Back