BH 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This argument will go on forever. I will say that my Traditions Pursuit 50cal with 100g 777 pellets is just as accurate as my CVA Optima V2 50cal with 75g(weighed) of BH209. It’s all about what combo of powder and bullet shoots best in your rifle. My Traditions will only get a couple shots fired through it a year, so I’ll stick with that combo, no need to change what works.

Like the powders we use, people are all different and have preferences as to what they shoot: bullets, powder, primers, sabots....everyone has a preferred combination. You shoot until you land on a preferred load. No one is going to dunn you for your choice of components.

I just want to say that I didn't start this thread to start arguments. Since I've never bought or used BH209, I was wanting to know from those who do use it, what are the actual benefits they get from their hunting/shooting endeavors. Many thanks for all of your comments on BH209.

Honestly! I don't think you did create any kind of problems! but I think you started a very good discussion of a lot of different powders.

There was a lot of information in this thread that can be valued by a lot of different people.

Honestly! I don't think you did create any kind of problems! but I think you started a very good discussion of a lot of different powders.

There was a lot of information in this thread that can be valued by a lot of different people.
Yeah I guess it did bring out a lot of info with so many replying with their findings, likes and dislikes. I will say this, thanks to you and your findings, it has really shed some light on the subject for me. I know its probably a topic that has been discussed over and over and over here, but I like to ask real people who are actually using a product to get their honest opinions and findings, and not just proclaimed predictions or hearsay. I like to see actual test results before trying new things. This is a GREAT PLACE with a WEALTH of information, and I thank everyone who has jumped in here with their thoughts on this topic. :lewis:

Hey if we cant talk about stuff like this, over and over again, on this forum then what are we doin here? Which primers are the best, which bullets are best, which scope, gun brand & model, how to clean, how to seal a breech plug, how to get a stuck bullet out, how much powder to use… there are a ton of topics that come up over and over again. That is not a bad thing at all. We were all newbies at some point. I always learn something new on here.

This website is much better than most hunting websites. We may disagree here but we talk about hunting! This kind of disagreements I usually learn something useful, and occasionally change my mind.

Used to go on Bowsite a lot, but they talk about politics as much as hunting over there now

Back