ammo for .45 MLs ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i probably won't be walking more than a very few hundred yards to a blind/barn so weight isn't a big factor for my use (i think 🤔 ) .
but , i guess if i had to trail a deer i'd need to take it for what ever distance incase a follow up shot is needed :( .
BTW , does Knight have a maximum bullet/projectile weight for the mountaineer like CVA does ?
and can they be used with the same max powder charges as CVA's paramount series ?

wow , just checked and there's almost a 2 lb difference . hadn't expected that much .
There’s always the ultra light

Imagine shooting a 40cal 240gr Fury OT at over 2100fps with a BC over .300. A 45cal fast twist can do that with ease. You basically have a point and shoot load to 200 yards.
cOiBZV2.png
Will the 1in 28 twist barrels stabilize this 240 Fury bullet?
The chart is impressive and the bullets look sleek…but many of us out here have 28 twist barrels Not the newer fashionable 1in 24 or 22 twists.

i probably won't be walking more than a very few hundred yards to a blind/barn so weight isn't a big factor for my use (i think 🤔 ) .
but , i guess if i had to trail a deer i'd need to take it for what ever distance incase a follow up shot is needed :( .
BTW , does Knight have a maximum bullet/projectile weight for the mountaineer like CVA does ?
and can they be used with the same max powder charges as CVA's paramount series ?

wow , just checked and there's almost a 2 lb difference . hadn't expected that much .
I would get the UL 1:20, best factory rifle for hunters, imo.... hands down.

If the knight UL comes down to $600 maybe $700 in a version i like when im ready it will be considered

Me too. I want the nitride version in the green stock. I don't think it will ever come down that low, tho.
nitride seems to be superior to their dynatek coating and is a big plus in favor of the CVA's IMO .
at my pricepoint a nitrided knight will probally never happen :( and the CVA's are probally more accurate than i'll ever be . but DANG those knights are pretty with those green laminate stocks ! BTW ..... on the nitrided knights is everything nitrided like CVA's or just the barrell ? the addition of ceracote ove the nitride on the CVA's looks good and adds a second layer of proection on their exterior . options options options ....... decisions decisions decisions ...... oh well it'll be late winter to early spring before i'll decide . heck , if me and my old optima get along great accuracy wise i may just stick with it ...... but i do like new and shinny , haha .

nitride seems to be superior to their dynatek coating and is a big plus in favor of the CVA's IMO .
at my pricepoint a nitrided knight will probally never happen :( and the CVA's are probally more accurate than i'll ever be . but DANG those knights are pretty with those green laminate stocks ! BTW ..... on the nitrided knights is everything nitrided like CVA's or just the barrell ? the addition of ceracote ove the nitride on the CVA's looks good and adds a second layer of proection on their exterior . options options options ....... decisions decisions decisions ...... oh well it'll be late winter to early spring before i'll decide . heck , if me and my old optima get along great accuracy wise i may just stick with it ...... but i do like new and shinny , haha .
IDK if Knight nitrides the bolt other parts. Im 99.9% certain that they don't do the breech plug. They probably dont do the bolt either. CVA wasn't doing their plugs and receivers.

Latest posts

Back