knight 09

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know the gun will have to be advertised using BH209. That means Shockey will have to say good bye to the Shockey Gold endorsement.

Would he then get an endorsement from BH209? Could be profitable.

I don't think the Shockey Gold really caught on like he thought it would.

Shockeys Black Gold :lol:

Any body got just a PIC of it that they could post of it?.Me old slow dialup and puter will not load den fancy moveing pictures :(

SwampFox said:
Any body got just a PIC of it that they could post of it?.Me old slow dialup and puter will not load den fancy moveing pictures :(

I was going to take a screen shot of the video, but you can't really see anything. Just picture a Knight Disc Extreme. That exactly what it looks like.

SwampFox

Best I ken do fer ya... rite now

NewKnight.jpg

Spitpatch said:
You know the gun will have to be advertised using BH209. That means Shockey will have to say good bye to the Shockey Gold endorsement.

Would he then get an endorsement from BH209? Could be profitable.

I don't think the Shockey Gold really caught on like he thought it would.

Shockeys Black Gold :lol:

Without a doubt. Think about it. What better way for Western to introduce it to the masses than to have Ole Jim out there pluggin it. I can't imagine they'd have to pay him too much to get him to can the Shockey's Gold. I think Jim's the only one using it anyway....

Again, this is ALL speculation on my part. For all I know, Jim Shockey will have NOTHING to do with the new Knight Ultra Slam muzzleloader...

Thanks sabotloader ,is that a bolt handle i see?.Lord i hope so.I can't stand break action's LOL
sabotloader said:
SwampFox

Best I ken do fer ya... rite now

NewKnight.jpg

SwampFox

It is a bolt - the gun is built on the disk extreme structure - except the bolt is completely enclosed, no discs, bare 209 and the gun is capable of shooting 3 magnum T7 pellets as well as the new generations of powder.

Comes Stainless only with black regular, black thumbhole, Camo regular, or Camo thumbhole stock.

Base suggested retail for SS regular black is $500.00

(not pertaining to UCs post about the indestructable FPJs) I am so glad, hopefully they will drop the others and get back to perfecting this style!

I would be willing to bet the family farm that Jim is perfectly happy with his TC's. This looks like a really sweet gun and I may buy one, but is it going to be better than the Endeavor? Maybe, but I doubt it.

Jim Shockey will go where ever the money blows him to,be it either TC, Knight are even some of others that might have the willingness to pay the big bucks.He has already been with Knight one time and TCs money move him,who to say he want do it again and again when ever more money gets in his face :wink:

Seriously, the "Ultimate Slam." They're naming the rifle the "Ultimate Slam" and you're not even thinking hmmmm?"

Tell me what/who you think of when you hear the words "ultimate slam." Heck, wouldn't even surprise me if he's patented it by now...

Leupold recently introduced a MLing scope called the "Ultimate Slam." Guess who's face was plastered all over it...

Looks/sounds like a Disc Extreme minus the FPJ to me. Great rifle. Great improvement. But nothing I couldn't do by spending $15 at Midsouth with an existing Extreme.

Kudos to Knight for getting on the marketing train. Soon they will convince us that their rifles should cost as much as a TC...

Actually, you guys are all speculating. Knight owns the rights to the name "UltimateSlam?", not Shockey, Leupold had to get Knight's permission to use it on their "UltimateSlam?" scope, which I own 2 of now. :D I would also bet that the permission did not come for free.

So I don't know about ol' Shockey going anywhere, I'm sure he is fat and happy right where he is at.

Read the italics near the bottom of the page.

UltimateSlam is a registered trademark of Knight Rifles and is used with their expressed written consent.

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shoo ... imateslam/

Anybody else find it strange that the name of the rifle wasn't mentioned in the video clip???

My .02

Refurbed Extreme with some soon to be marketing muscle. Time will tell.

My disclaimer, I am ALWAYS rong ;)

Looks/sounds like a Disc Extreme minus the FPJ to me. Great rifle. Great improvement. But nothing I couldn't do by spending $15 at Midsouth with an existing Extreme....

I think it's quite different

Kudos to Knight for getting on the marketing train. Soon they will convince us that their rifles should cost as much as a TC...

Their rifles should cost more than T/C.

SwampFox said:
Jim Shockey will go where ever the money blows him to,be it either TC, Knight are even some of others that might have the willingness to pay the big bucks.He has already been with Knight one time and TCs money move him,who to say he want do it again and again when ever more money gets in his face :wink:

Most of us would quite likely do the same.

I dont know about everyone else.. But I am excited about this rifle!

Looks like Knight is getting back to its roots with this one.

Swampman said:
T/C has been losing money like crazy. They keep having lay offs. Maybe they will be snagged by The same company that bought Remington.

T/C is experiencing the same "Recession" whoes that all of the sporting arms manufacturers are. T/C 2008 sales dropped dramatically and the timing and costs R & D of the Icon rifle did not help matters.

T/C marketing budget as well as everyones elses will be slashed again for 2009.

Whether Smith & Weeson will sell T/C off, only time will tell. S & W non-sporting products diid well in 2008. The hunting guns are dragging the companies cost and profits down.

Chocdog

Latest posts

Back