knight 09

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking muzzleloader. So since this new rifle doesn?t come with or need a disc, does that mean Knight is finally admitting that was a stupid idea?

Holy chit, fg! U sound like ... :wink:

Let's see, we want high quality American made goods but only at yard sale prices...

Somehow reminds me of the time Dunbrooke Sportswear had my wife (and others) sewing "Made in Mexico" tags into jackets made right here in Dade County, Missouri, USA. That was right before they slammed the doors on that factory. My wife had only been there 22 years.

UC

ta heck with FG...

I was starting to look for a 50 cal Disc Elite... not no mo... I want one dem guns... may will not get here soon enough...

Good clean oats cost money. Oats that have already been through the horse are usually some what cheaper. Come on May!

Hope this comes in a 45 cal besides the 50. Looking forward to seeing one of them.

DC

Sorry guys guess I was wrong about Knight not coming out with anything new. Just went by what the girl at customer service said......guess they really were keeping the new gun a secret. Looks like a nice gun. Anyone get the name of the new knight? :D

Well, it's time to start saving for a new gun. I have always been a T/C man. I've been fighting the urge to get a disc extreme because I wanted to shoot BH209 in it. I think I'll wait. This gun sounds like a winner.

minst7877 said:
Hope this comes in a 45 cal besides the 50. Looking forward to seeing one of them.

DC

It would be a real winner in .45, but with a faster twist. Now we just need the new SST and and Hawk in .40 and we are in business.

I have never owned a knight, but in .45 this one might tempt me.

vabowhntr said:
minst7877 said:

DC

It would be a real winner in .45, but with a faster twist. Now we just need the new SST and and Hawk in .40 and we are in business.

I have never owned a knight, but in .45 this one might tempt me.

A fast twist 1/20 or 22 would be great for our purposes. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the new SST's to try out. For years I thought bigger was better but I have come full circle and am back to hunting with the 45cal. It will do everything that I ask of it and should I ever get the chance to go out west or get drawn for a Elk here I still have my 54cal.

Maybe they will sell a retrofit kit for the Elite's and Extreme's I sure hope so.

DC

The name of the new gun is "The Ultimate Slam" just called Knight and found out. Customer service didn't know anything else just name and release date around april or may.

Joes said:
Anyone get the name of the new knight? :D

Yes

They decided to drop the plain jane name of: "The Ultimate Slam" for something a little more glitzy and flashy :p

It will be called the Laneroni Thunderbird

And will come in 50cal 1:28, and 45cal 1:15 twist :lol: :lol: 8) :wink:

sold bolt does that mean no double safety :?: :?: how long is the barrel??? my guess is 26inch long :shock: thanks WORM :shock: :shock:

I will have to look this one over real good I have been thinking about a 45 for a long time, I sure hope they come out with a breach plug and primer set up that does well with BH. Lee

Are you kidding me???? The name of the rifle is the "Ultimate Slam?" Ya'll know what this likely means dont'chya?

My guess is that they paid ole Jim Shokey enough money to quit hoaring around with TC and jump ship. Think about it. He branded the Leupold US scope. Ya can't hardly watch a hunting show without a TC comercial praising Jim's completion of the Ultimate Slam.

I don't know, just sounds too coincidental to me. Time will tell, but I will bet money that Shockey will be selling this thing for them.

Now that will be interesting.

If that is the case, this is nothing short of pure genious on Knight's part in terms of selling muzzleloaders and getting back in the game. Drop the disc. Build/market a rifle around BH209 and get the biggest marketing name in ML history to sell the thing.

$500 for a base model and I'm guessing $750'ish for the thumbhole lam... Wouldn't take too long to recoup marketing costs on a product that on the surface doesn't seem to have any major tech advancement.

Just my .02

Wonder how long until we see "Shockey's Gold Horn 209..."

Now THAT would have been an advancement. One can only dream....

Anybody want to lay odds on what Shockey will be shooting on his shows this year???

wish it were smokeless, reloaded itself, cleaned itself and had a build in roller so i wouldnt have to carry it up and over mountains 8)

NimrodRx said:
Now THAT would have been an advancement. One can only dream....

Anybody want to lay odds on what Shockey will be shooting on his shows this year???

I really hope it's a Knight rifle.

Back