knight 09

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swampman said:
I like Jim, I wish he'd switch brands but I understand the money thing. Personally I don't think I'd buy a gun based on it's star appeal. Looking at Encores on TV gets really old. I'm glad Real Tree has been using the Triumph some. At least it is a muzzleloader.

i hear ya! I look through whats on tv, see muzzleloader hunt and i get all excited and then its an encore. Eh, lets see what else is on.

The encore is a mz.
I've seen J Shocky load his several times - always from the muzzle - never a cartridge from the breech.

Steve

When you put a centerfire barrel on one, it is a centerfire rifle.
With a mz barrel, it is a muzzleloader rifle.

Seems real simple to me. :roll:

Steve

I have not once seen Jim Shockey hunt with anything on TV other then a muzzleloader. If he is guiding then I have seen him pack a center fire but then again that is a different story for protecting his clients.

Curtis

FG - you probably just don't like the fact that you don't see any Encore shooter on TV use your beloved power belts.

I watch O'neil outside to see my beloved powerbelts dropping game in their TRACKS :roll:

Just sick and tired of seeing a muzzle loader hunt and an encore. Very boring. I like to see a mixture of stuff being used.

Bow hunting gets boring to watch too.

Never see an encore or TC shooting any conicals. Hmmm.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be nice to see something besides T/C and CVA on any hunting show... They are both all over every hunting show.

As for the Powerbelts.... I got some to sell ya! :wink:

coh-1 said:
I have not once seen Jim Shockey hunt with anything on TV other then a muzzleloader. If he is guiding then I have seen him pack a center fire but then again that is a different story for protecting his clients.

Curtis

:shock:

:lol: Im broke right now but send me a PM with what you have so i make a note.

But yes i to want to see something different on TV. Watched a Dall sheep hunt lastnight which was great until jeff foxworthy ( think thats his name) and his buddies start bathing in the stream. That kind of pissed me off.

Swampman said:
coh-1 said:

Curtis

:shock:

Do you see a muzzleloader that uses smokeless powder and shoots the same distances as a centerfire, as a muzzleloader?

Edit: Ooooh swampy thats not cool! You changed what you typed before i could get it in a quote :lol:

The Savage is a muzzleloader if that's what you're asking. It won't fire cartridges.

I would sooner watch a hunting show with a feller (or Tiffany) using a Savage than another friggin Encore. Enough is enough. I don't know how the rest of the hunting community looks at it, but I won't buy an Encore because they are pushed so hard on the networks. Not to mention they are horribly overpriced. How about they use what they have bought themselves. If there are 5 different hunters working for Primos or Realtree Outdoors to name a couple, lets see 5 different makes and models of shootin' irons. Put the emphasis on the hunt and not on the promotions. Lets face it. I for one have been a gun enthusiast for 36 years. No amount of posing or comentary from the latest blue collar hero is going to influance me at the gun counter. Unless they overplay their hand like TC did. Well, maybe Tiff could, but that's it.

Doohan said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would be nice to see something besides T/C and CVA on any hunting show... They are both all over every hunting show.

As for the Powerbelts.... I got some to sell ya! :wink:

Yah! where are the Knights???
Has anyone EVER seen a Disc Elite on a tv show???ever???

Doohan said:
I will have to look but I have a bunch of 348 and 405's

if fg, does not have the cash right now, I can get it faster, get paid this week.

shot me a pm, I am low on powerbelts. :wink:

Latest posts

Back