knight 09

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gateway

Reaction score
any new guns from knight in 09 ??? was looking at there web site it still show's 08 model's :?: :?: thanks WORM :shock: :shock:

I hope we will have some news soon... maybe they will unveil a new muzzy at the Shot Show.

I hope they come up with something good. Knight really needs to return to the #1 manuf. spot where they belong.

They need one thats a step up on the Triumph so I would have an excuse to get #21. Lee

They need to revisit the Disc Elite.
Great barrel, light, tapered, points like a high power. Factory says you can't add front sights as it is too thin. ????? Anyway maybe so...Add a barrel band in the end for the front sight with a hood. Red fiber optic on the front.

Double the cantilevered lug as with the Master Hunter. Give it to me in exotic wood. with a 1" guarantee.

Jewel the bolt. Remove the goofy knob safety on the back of the bolt. Make the front half of the bolt removable for easy cleaning, give it a quarter turn breech. Forget the water proof disc.....I for one don't need it. Never had it on my Encore and water was never an issue. Course I never shot many fish with mine....
If you can't do a tool less breach plug, hide the tool in the stock.

Install a Simms recoil pad, and offer it with a great sling.

Give me sumpin classy

8)

Spitpatch said:
Great barrel, light, tapered, points like a high power. Factory says you can't add front sights as it is too thin. ????? Anyway maybe so...Add a barrel band in the end for the front sight with a hood. Red fiber optic on the front.

Double the cantilevered lug as with the Master Hunter. Give it to me in exotic wood. with a 1" guarantee.

Jewel the bolt. Remove the goofy knob safety on the back of the bolt. Make the front half of the bolt removable for easy cleaning, give it a quarter turn breech. Forget the water proof disc.....I for one don't need it. Never had it on my Encore and water was never an issue. Course I never shot many fish with mine....

Give me sumpin classy

8)

Now we're talking! I could live with just making the non-FPJ adapter integral with the bolt and an authentic, walnut stock with the same dimensions as the Elite. Blued steel wouldn't hurt either.

You would think someone from Knight would look into the success guys have had with the .45 DISC Elites. If they would partner with Barnes and produce a 200-230gr .40 and match the rifling twist to that bullet.

Realistically they probably just continue to stay a whisper away from whatever T/C has done the year before.

mparks said:
Spitpatch said:

Give me sumpin classy

8)

Now we're talking! I could live with just making the non-FPJ adapter integral with the bolt and an authentic, walnut stock with the same dimensions as the Elite. Blued steel wouldn't hurt either.

You would think someone from Knight would look into the success guys have had with the .45 DISC Elites. If they would partner with Barnes and produce a 200-230gr .40 and match the rifling twist to that bullet.

Realistically they probably just continue to stay a whisper away from whatever T/C has done the year before.

Yes, walnut or exotic and blued!

With regards to partnering with Barnes, they already have.
The 175 and 195 Knight Red Hot. 195 is close to 200....right?

The 195 shoots better than anything that I have tried. Some like the 200 Shockwave

I would like to see a 195 or 200gr. .40 in a spire boattail. The Knight Red Hot has a flat bottom.

like to see a 54cal like the green mountain brush rifle :D :D with a 22inch barrel :shock: thanks WORM :shock: :shock:

Well as long as were're dreaming... I would like a Disc Elite, both .45 and .50, with a 90 degree and out FPJ plug that seals all blow back. Ship it with a crisp 3lb trigger and a nice camo Knight cap. If I was in charge of Kinght this is what you guys would get for 09... :)

Knight should realize that their bolt action muzzleloaders are their bread and butter. I believe they should rework the Elite, because it is a proven shooter. Things that could be improved on, like Spitpatch mentioned, is a double recoil lug. Another option would be to shorten the bolt mechanism, which would more than likely make the lock time faster and in theory give you more accuracy. While their at it, configure them for non FPJ 209 primer and the ability to cleanly release spent primer. With the gains made in shortening the bolt it could give you the option of another inch or two of usable barrel or lopping the end off to make it lighter, while keeping the same usable length at 25-26". If they could rifle them for 1:24 in .45 and .50 and then label it the Premiere or BH209 Shooter, that would be great.

Introducing new models is a costly affair. I would venture a guess they will be trying very hard to refine existing models and somehow turn a profit. My understanding is that Knight is starting to count beans pretty closely.

I would not be surprised if Knight is no more within a couple of years... not something I want to see happen, but these are tough times.

I spoke to the girl at Knight on thursday and she said nothing new from Knight for 2009 just a new camo pattern on some of there guns that's it. Sorry guys. That's a shame I thought for sure they might come out with something new or an upgrade to there existing lineup. Underclocked I think you might be right about Knight not being around much longer.

It would be a shame if Knight folded. I think they have a hard time keeping up with T/Cs marketing and CVAs prices. Every hunting show you watch the hunter is using an Encore, people buy what they see.

As for new stuff, get rid of the double safety on the bolt guns already. Bring back the Elite, maybe market a shorter version of the extreme along the lines of the old short barreled 85s and 93s. Market the hell out of the KP-1, thats a great rifle except the ML set up.

T/C has been losing money like crazy. They keep having lay offs. Maybe they will be snagged by The same company that bought Remington.

The Disc rifles and the TK2000, despite the plethora of other models that have inundated the muzzleloader market from all companies, still stand at the top of the game for their intended purpose... it would indeed be a shame, and a loss for all of us if Knight shut the doors.

The Disc rifles and the TK2000, despite the plethora of other models that have inundated the muzzleloader market from all companies, still stand at the top of the game for their intended purpose.

I strongly agree!

Reference advertising and outdoor shows- I admit, I am a fan of Jim Shockey, and he made his name with the MK85 and then the Disc- killing numerous book animals all over the continent with a muzzleloader. A few years ago, he switched to TC and started aggressively pushing JS Gold- I wonder why? I did notice he has not discontinued use of Nosler bullets or Leupold scopes, did Knight do something wrong or not pony up enough benjamins to keep him? He is a good spokesman, an adventurer and reflects positively on the sport and I believe Knight made an error in not retaining him.

I like Jim, I wish he'd switch brands but I understand the money thing. Personally I don't think I'd buy a gun based on it's star appeal. Looking at Encores on TV gets really old. I'm glad Real Tree has been using the Triumph some. At least it is a muzzleloader.

Back