Well its time for another pellet....i guess

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GM54-120 said:
Seems to me that you could buy a bottle of BH209, a spout for the bottle and a powder measure for better price per shot as the new pellets. Storage tubes are pretty much a wash because both powder types need some type of field storage.

$4.99 for the spout
https://www.cabelas.com/product/shootin ... ?slotId=10

$14.99 for the measure and you can get them cheaper.
https://www.cabelas.com/product/shootin ... ?slotId=14

$37.99 for the BH209
https://www.cabelas.com/product/shootin ... s?slotId=1

$58 plus tax for over 70 shots of a 100gr equivalent. :think:

Agreed, but 98% of hunters won't switch.

And many of those types of 98% "season only" hunters think pie plate accuracy from a muzzleloader is normal. Ive seen it so many times its not funny. They stick a target up on the 50yard line. If they hit paper for a few shots they pack up and go home. Many of those same types are shooting PBs and simply dont know any better because its what the sales guy told them to shoot.

Their jaws drop when i can stack them all in pretty much the same hole every time at 50 yards.. its priceless.

I have never shot pellets. I have always used BH209. When I get to the range, I run an alcohol patch thru to remove oil, I pop 2 primers on a clean dry barrel and shoot. Depending on the weather, I let the barrel cool and shoot. I have shot as many as 30 times with no swabbing between shots (no problems with loading, last one was just as easy as the first one, no accuracy issues). The only thing I may do is pull the breech plug and check it after 10 - 15 shots. When I get home, I clean gun and breech plug real good (15 min or so) and lightly oil barrel. It may not be the way to do it, but thats how I do it.

ENCORE50A said:
........Average hunters most likely compromise 98% of the members on this site. Its probably quite safe to say, you could count on your fingers the number of members sending 100+ rounds each year from their muzzleloaders here.........
Do you really believe there are no more than ten forum members that shoot more than 100 shots a year from their rifles? Perhaps you may also believe eating green apples turns squirrels white? Some things one reads on forums sure are absurd.

IMG_3746.JPG

ronlaughlin said:
ENCORE50A said:
........Average hunters most likely compromise 98% of the members on this site. Its probably quite safe to say, you could count on your fingers the number of members sending 100+ rounds each year from their muzzleloaders here.........
Do you really believe there are no more than ten forum members that shoot more than 100 shots a year from their rifles? Perhaps you may also believe eating green apples turns squirrels white? Some things one reads on forums sure are absurd......

Key word...…….. "probably" ……. no absolute fact/s pointed out there is there?

Let me ask the all knowing professional, how many members on this forum do you factually know shoot more than 100 rounds each year from their muzzleloader that are members of this site? My best guess is, it'll be far less than 2%.

I shoot 4 to 5 pounds of BH in a normal year, I never bothered to figure out how many shots that is as different guns shoot different loads best.
Are you saying I am abnormal?

ENCORE50A said:
......... how many members on this forum do you factually know shoot more than 100 rounds each year from their muzzleloader that are members of this site?.......
Kinda seems you should have 'probably' known this answer, before posting your erroneous information.

ronlaughlin said:
ENCORE50A said:
......... how many members on this forum do you factually know shoot more than 100 rounds each year from their muzzleloader that are members of this site?.......
Kinda seems you should have 'probably' known this answer, before posting your erroneous information.

Maybe you should have read all the words that were originally posted and settled down to eat your own green apple, gathering facts, before responding calling another's response absurb. I asked a simple question, which you're seemingly avoiding your own erroneous answer. Outstanding response!
Facts are, there are very few of us on this site that shoot hundreds or thousands of bullets a year.

I shoot more than 100 rounds in my muzzleloader, my pistol, my rifle in a year. I'm an average hunter who is an above average shooter.... but's just me

ENCORE50A said:
ronlaughlin said:
ENCORE50A said:

Maybe you should have read all the words that were originally posted and settled down to eat your own green apple......
My posts in this thread have zero error. Your response i should eat green apples is.................?? Too bad you aren't able to admit you made a mistake under estimating how many shooters shoot how many shots every year. No big deal to me, it matters not how much any one else shoots their rifle; i enjoy shooting mine.

ronlaughlin said:
ENCORE50A said:
ronlaughlin said:

Maybe you should have read all the words that were originally posted and settled down to eat your own green apple......
My posts in this thread have zero error. Your response i should eat green apples is.................?? Too bad you aren't able to admit you made a mistake under estimating how many shooters shoot how many shots every year. No big deal to me, it matters not how much any one else shoots their rifle; i enjoy shooting mine.

Well you're right again! When you won't answer, there can be no error, right?
Evidently it was/is a big deal and it does matter, or you wouldn't have jumped on, "probably", calling it things like, "absurb" or "erroneous"?

Back to the pellets......... the cost doesn't matter to 98% of hunters. Its why Hodgeon makes millions of them each year. Its why they may have spent a ton of money on research and development of this new star shaped pellet. Most of those who buy them, only have to think that they're better and they'll become the best thing available.

Take a deep breath fellas... you both shoot way more shots per year than the average shooter and you both are a great resource to this board.

Back