Raffle for saxman /Rifle Delivered

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I have hessitated in posting this because I wanted to believe my fellow forum member.
It has gone on so long now that I can no longer remain silent.
I have told a few folks privately about what has happened but now it's time to tell the rest.
Lungbuster1 started a rifle raffel for my bennifit with out my knowing until I saw it posted and the good people here and on hunting.net forum donated to the raffle and just plain donated to lanenebraska and also put up bullets and other prises for my bennifit.
Thank you to all for your kindness.
I was so greatful to LB1 for doing this that I sent him a brand new CVA Kodiak SS 45 cal rifle,never fired that I was selling and he had showed interest in,I sent him the rifle as a thank you.
At the end of the rallel I got a PM from Lanenebraska asking for my address,3 days later a money order for $400 showed up.The timing was perfect,I was running low on meds.Thank you Lane and all who donated.
I then got a PM from Lungbuster1 saying that he was sorry,when his wife left she cleaned out the bank accounts and left him pennyless and thet he used $200 of the $750 he collected for groceries.I felt very bad for him.
He then said he would send me the rest of the money,I got nothing so I called him.He sounded terrible and had no money,I told him to keep the money untill he got on his feet and then send it when he could,he thanked me and said he would send the rifle back so I could sell it,I said OK.

I heard nothing for a week or so,I sent him messages,no answer,Finally last week I got a message saying he would send the gun the next day,I asked him to send a tracking number because I had a buyer for the gun who had already paid and wanted his gun not just promisses.
I recieved no number and had to refund the sellers money.
I feel that Lunbuster1 had the intention of doing this all along and ripped us all off.I can come to no other conclusion as he will not contact me to get my gun back.I understand he still visits and post on some other forums so he is aware of what is going on.

If you want to copy and post this on other sites be my guest,I dont want anyone else to get dupped,Maybe he will respond and send me the gun back but I fear any money collected and the gun are history.
Live and learn.

I wanted all to know I had nothing to do with this and recievd NOTHING from LB1,in fact his raffle actually cost me money.

I did recieve the money donated from Lane in a timely maner and he was good to his word and some other forum members sent me the items they won that were donated by other members and the dollar bills from so many of you.

Thank you all,I wanted you to know.

I think you are wise in posting those details. I knew enough to know that you were also a victim.

This is totally unbelievable. Now, I am not among your list of donors. I was waiting to finish a cabinet job and then I was going to buy some chances on the gun from him... then he ended the auction early so I couldn't. I have to say that I am a little sceptical about anything on the internet but this one I thought was sincere. I really appreciate your honesty in posting this and I hope you get your gun back soon. He can run but he can't hide.
Best wishes,
Art

ps. Did the winners get their prizes?
________
Religion discussion

saxman1

DA_n! I guess in the back of my mind I really suspected this. I was aware of another deal he did and went south on with another forum member and the provided basically the same reason.

When you confirmed your ailment - I guess - you always hope somebody is doing the right thing even when they may have failed in the past.

Another bump in the road - as I told you - you are being tested - stay strong and right - you will be the winner in the end...

It is up to you but i really think you should drop you post into hunting.net also...

I also knew of the same deal Lungbuster1 had with another member. I called him out on it,,,,and he never gave a good explaination.

Scott,,,you need to post this on every forum that this took place on.

He is no longer a member at DWBs,,,,which is where this first deal took place. 8) We joke around with each other over there,,,,,but there's absolutely no room for this bullshit..... :evil:

Kudos for posting this. 8) :wink:

Saxman1,

I?m sorry to hear about the ordeal that LB1 has put you through and that would also explain is lack of activity here like someone mentioned recently in a post. I for one am pretty skeptical of people who join forums and then have to comment on just about every topic like he did. He seemed to me as someone who was just trying to be a ?good ole boy? by being helpful and offering advice and comments along a wide range of topics that he probably didn?t need to comment on. Usually the people who don?t try to impress with their knowledge are the ones you should be most impressed with. That is true with a lot of things in life.

Curtis

coh-1 said:
Saxman1,

I?m sorry to here about the ordeal that LB1 has put you through and that would also explain is lack of activity here like someone mentioned recently in a post. I for one am pretty skeptical of people who join forums and then have to comment on just about every topic like he did. He seemed to me as someone who was just trying to be a ?good ole boy? by being helpful and offering advice and comments along a wide range of topics that he probably didn?t need to comment on. Usually the people who don?t try to impress with their knowledge are the ones you should be most impressed with. That is true with a lot of things in life.

Curtis

Yup!! 8)

Thanks Scott

You have done the honorable thing with this posting. Sometimes after all we have been thru, it is still enough to have our Honor and our good names.

I know that Ron must feel terrible, being overcome by whatever events are happening in his life, past-present, and what's to come. And there is room and time enough in my prayer time, for him too.

A good name is to be more desired than great wealth, Favor is better than silver and gold. Proverbs 22:1

Wow, that is just crazy... stay strong Scott. I've cheated and read the end of the book so I know how all this ends... the good people win!!

lane said:
Thanks Scott

You have done the honorable thing with this posting. Sometimes after all we have been thru, it is still enough to have our Honor and our good names.

I know that Ron must feel terrible, being overcome by whatever events are happening in his life, past-present, and what's to come. And there is room and time enough in my prayer time, for him too.

A good name is to be more desired than great wealth, Favor is better than silver and gold. Proverbs 22:1

I agree Lane
He is in my pryers as well.

Wow! As a relative newbie here; I'm shocked! Sure glad I sent my donation to Lane. I guess there is a bad apple in every bushel; but sure never expected it here.

Just thinking about this embarrasses me and makes me sick to my stomach. I never seen this coming.

coltchris said:
Wow! As a relative newbie here; I'm shocked! Sure glad I sent my donation to Lane. I guess there is a bad apple in every bushel; but sure never expected it here.

This just doesn't happen here,,,,,,usually. 8) Knowing Chuck and the moderators,,,,,it won't likely happen again. :wink:

Thanks to Lane for upholding the standards that most of us have come to know here.... 8)

sad... i look at this forum as another group of hunting buddies to share the ups and downs of our sport and life in general, sure we may never meet, but we can not let this one black sheep that we all once trusted tarnish the trust most of us have in each other. hang in there saxman being a good person always wins in the long run!

There are a couple of firearms-related sites that I visit every day, and this one has become my favorite. It is not so much because I am interested in muzzleloaders (though, of course, I am), but that it feels like I am in the company of friends and stalwart people of good character and cheer.

And I still am. Sometimes a questionable soul passes through a meeting house like this, but that doesn't diminish the good people who remain.

I am sorry for your difficulties, Saxman, all of them.

I like to donate direct no second party involvement seen to many internet scams and crooks taking advantage of a person with a real problem. Sax not your problem,to bad you were a victim like others you were the one in need.

Dang! Well, you should know his address since you shipped him the rifle. Did he give you a "name" Seems like a good place to start in an investigation with the law enforcement in his area? I suspect he broke several if not many laws (mail fraud is a big deal to start)

Whether you ever see a cent, this guy has got to be stopped. And he possibly gave up some of his anonimity since you have an address? And there are bound to be some good internet snoops that might be able to track him by his IP address.

Back