Handguns and deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The G2 grips are different from the originals, seem oversized, so I located a custom grip maker that sized it down and its much better. G2 felt recoil seems to be different than the original also.

the angle of the pillar was changed for the G2
that could result in a different 'feel' of recoil
I cannot attest to it, having never fired a G2
but I take a lot of recoil with my contender and 14" SSK 444 Marlin barrel
and it feels stout yet manageable
...to a masochist

This website is for muzzleloaders - traditional and modern, not modern cartridge guns.......

Rifles,Shotguns,Pistols, Smokeless Muzzleloaders. Etc.
blowing-a-raspberry-png-and-blowing-a-raspberry-transparent-raspberry-smiley-png-260_200.jpg

Rifles,Shotguns,Pistols, Smokeless Muzzleloaders. Etc.
blowing-a-raspberry-png-and-blowing-a-raspberry-transparent-raspberry-smiley-png-260_200.jpg
Yep, the category for these particular posts was and is Modern Shooters, showing a photo of fixed brass ammo.
Modern Shooters

Modern Shooters

Some of us are admittedly partial to sidelock Muzzies (myself included), but we should still welcome our brother shooters in their designated posting areas. After all, we each cut our teeth learning to shoot with cartridge arms; some of us have even been know to keep one or two of them around for personal protection, hunting, or Heaven forbid, target shooting! I still keep a J.C. Higgins rimfire gun purchased by my Dad in 1950; it is fully functional and really fun to shoot. I don't use it much anymore, but it does have sentiment and utility for me.

Yep, the category for these particular posts was and is Modern Shooters, showing a photo of fixed brass ammo.
Modern Shooters

Modern Shooters

Some of us are admittedly partial to sidelock Muzzies (myself included), but we should still welcome our brother shooters in their designated posting areas. After all, we each cut our teeth learning to shoot with cartridge arms; some of us have even been know to keep one or two of them around for personal protection, hunting, or Heaven forbid, target shooting! I still keep a J.C. Higgins rimfire gun purchased by my Dad in 1950; it is fully functional and really fun to shoot. I don't use it much anymore, but it does have sentiment and utility for me.
I agree. Hence the heading "MODERN SHOOTER".

IMG_0056.jpg
I loaded this up a few days ago, to try it out on a hog. It's a Sitting Fox .62 smoothbore. I loaded 35 gr. of 3f under a PRB and it's ready to go.....just haven't seen a hog since !
I was out when the sun came up this morning and had a nice little doe walk by my stand maybe 15 yards away...but no hogs again. I'll keep trying for a while...

G
View attachment 3492
I loaded this up a few days ago, to try it out on a hog. It's a Sitting Fox .62 smoothbore. I loaded 35 gr. of 3f under a PRB and it's ready to go.....just haven't seen a hog since !
I was out when the sun came up this morning and had a nice little doe walk by my stand maybe 15 yards away...but no hogs again. I'll keep trying for a while...
Good luck Mosfish. That's a nice pistol. Should do a good job on the hog.

Back