Taurus 357

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a Taurus Lite 5 shot 44 mag that I really like and carry a lot on hikes or while ML hunting. Last week I picked up a Taurus Tracker .357 with 4" ported barrel.
I took it out his morning to sight it in and to play with it a little. That is a really nice revolver and fairly accurate. Once sighted in I was able to shoot a 3" group at 25 yards. The only con I have with it so far is that the trigger isn't the best. It's not heavy but has some creep - not like its bigger brother that has a nice crisp trigger.
All in all for the price it is a nice handgun. Matte stainless finish, markings and sights are excellent and the grip is a ridged rubber with rounded bottom. Feels good in the hand.
https://www.taurususa.com/revolvers...8-spl-p-matte-stainless-4-00-in-ribber-grip-r

I have one in 45acp I’ve had for years and love it. Fits in my pocket and carried it a lot when I did a lot of bear hunting.

I have a Taurus Lite 5 shot 44 mag that I really like and carry a lot on hikes or while ML hunting. Last week I picked up a Taurus Tracker .357 with 4" ported barrel.
I took it out his morning to sight it in and to play with it a little. That is a really nice revolver and fairly accurate. Once sighted in I was able to shoot a 3" group at 25 yards. The only con I have with it so far is that the trigger isn't the best. It's not heavy but has some creep - not like its bigger brother that has a nice crisp trigger.
All in all for the price it is a nice handgun. Matte stainless finish, markings and sights are excellent and the grip is a ridged rubber with rounded bottom. Feels good in the hand.
https://www.taurususa.com/revolvers...8-spl-p-matte-stainless-4-00-in-ribber-grip-r
You gonna just shoot factory stuff?

Had a .17 Taurus tracker. Worst trigger of any double action revolver I have ever fired.
Still have a .45 Colt Gaucho. Cylinder pin won't stay in place, many light primer strike misfires.
I won't buy another Taurus revolver.

I have the 6.5" 357. My trigger has no creep. It breaks at 3lbs 4oz in single. Double I could not tell you I don't shoot it that way. I will say the trigger got really smooth after about 500 rds for me. I put a red dot on mine and it really shoots accurate now

Latest posts

Back