Hey all

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Death-junky

Reaction score
Hey hows it going. I'm new to muzzleloading and have acquired a Knight Original Disc it's in pretty good shape. It's the stainless version and has the crappy synthetic stock and uses the crappy orange disc's.

So what I've done so far is I've bed the action and 2.5" after the recoil lug and free floated the barrel. I've adjusted the trigger to 1.5 lbs and it's nice and crisp, it also passed the drop test.

Before I bedded the action I took it out and it was shooting 3-4 inch groups using a 300 gr hornady sst and 90 gr of 777 fffg with a federal 209 primer.

I then bedded and free floated the barrel. First 5 shot were with in 2" first 3 were in an 1.25". After the first volley of 5 I cleaned everything really good. And reassembled the rifle. The next 3 shot group was 5" and it only got worse from there.
Turns out the bedding compound I used (jb weld) didnt grip the plastic synthetic stock well and was moving when I fired.
I did a bunch more reading and cut a bunch of mechanical locks in the stock and drilled tons of little holes to give the bedding compound something to grip too. That's where we are today I've let the compound sit for 3 days to properly cure and hopefully it will stick properly now.

So my main question is what do people do to make these rifles more accurate I'm hoping to get it consistantly under 2" my goal is to have a 200 yard deer gun from her.

Welcome. Plenty of mods you can do to the Original DISCs. Convert to a bare primer system and an Extreme bolt is my personal fave. Get a breech plug with replacable liner is another good one. Polish the bore with something like JB bore polish. That gun oughta shoot a 2" at 200, if you're good enough behind it, without much work unless theres something really wrong with it(rare).

:welcome:

I have a Knight Elite. I bought the SSK 209 conversion and got rid of the plastic thingys. I did the Lee Shaver barrel treatment and did bed the action. Someone posted they used a piece of tin can for spacing under the lug. Thats what I did. I have a variety of projectiles I shoot and all share the same hole at 100yds. 80 and 100 grains of the dirty 7 seem to shoot about the same. I use bondo for the bedding compound and seems to stick.

Latest posts

Back