A Good KP1 Report...LOOK here,UC.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spitpatch said:
Underclocked said:
Didn't they quit making those primers about 30 years ago? :D

Thanks for the email address. I've already left him a phone message but may email him just to be sure he knows what I'm after.

ffa9ep.jpg

Thanks Rich!!!

UC...you are a Graphics Master![/quote]

HOWD HE DO DAT :huh?:

OK spitpach thanks i have a fpj plug that came with the gun i will try it

Busta!!

Here's all the info you wanted and more....

From top to bottom:
Standard FPJ
Thunderdome FPJ
Original KP1....yeah!!!
NFPJ 209 conversion

plug1.jpg

Here they are again
KP1043.jpg

...and again
KP1041.jpg

..and again

KP1042.jpg

The faces are the same size.

KP1051.jpg

KP1052.jpg

This is the one Gordy sent w/o a magnet 1.590
KP1045.jpg

1.600....NFPJ 209 conversion
KP1046.jpg

KP1047.jpg

KP1048.jpg

Flame channel is 11/64
KP1049.jpg

...or .170
KP1053.jpg

Flame channel is 1.5" deep
KP1050.jpg

All these plugs interchange in Elites and KP1 so threads are the same.
I am thinking of boring the flame channel larger and deeper in my 209 conversion plug as with the KP1 plug, to let the gases have a place to expand before leaking out around the primer. What do ya think of that theory?

Now go make one!!!!

nope thats not the one that came with my gun the one i have is far from flat it's concaved and the bare 209 plug is domed

The new "old" plug is 1.69" while the original KP1 plug is 1.70" oal?? Is that right or am I blind?

Sorry for the confusion...my fault.

The plug that came with the KP1 with the magnet is not represented here. Only the New plug Gordy sent me, which happens to be the Original KP1 plug, they chose not to use...it has no magnet. It measures 1.590

The nfpj 209 conversion measures 1.600

I will correct the post...thanks

Underclocked said:
The new "old" plug is 1.69" while the original KP1 plug is 1.70" oal?? Is that right or am I blind?

Ya caught me....UC :)

I will try to post a pic of the plug with the magnet...if didn't throw the damn thing away. :wink:

i dont see or think theres a magnet on mine but like i said it's far from flat

Here is the plug that came with the rifle. Notice the domed face as opposed to the flat face of the Gordy plug?

Length is 1.60
Flame channel appears to be as deep as the Gordy plug.
Flame channel hole on the face end is .032
Not much difference from the Gordy plug except the magnet causes the primer not to seal and the hole on the face side of the Gordy plug is smaller.
The flame channel cannot be measured because of the magnet installed above it.

It would seem to me that the only differences between these two plugs is:
1. The face is domed
2. The magnet causes it not to seal
3. The hole in the face is larger

kp1magnet.jpg

smitty said:
nope thats not the one that came with my gun the one i have is far from flat it's concaved and the bare 209 plug is domed

You are correct Smitty....mine ORIGINALLY came the same way.
The magnet was installed in some and some had the magnet installed under a washer. You should be able to tell if it's magnetizzzzzed.

Nevertheless, if you have blowback, call Knight and get the old Original flat faced, non magnetic plug. The magnet's just goofy anyway.

that plug you have in the picure is the bare 209 plug that also came with my gun and the fpj plug that came with the gun is concaved

i have not shot that gun yet i was waiting for you guys to figure it out fist i was not shore if i was even gonna keep it but it's such a good looking gun mine looke just like the one you got in the pics and i checked the plug its not magnatizzzed

Underclocked said:
Send me your calipers and those two plugs. :wink: :lol:

Ok...Ok....I fixed it... :shock:

Can't a guy have a drink now and then.?... :lol:

UC... please keep me accountable...OK?

I'm a mess.... :roll:

smitty said:
i have not shot that gun yet i was waiting for you guys to figure it out fist i was not shore if i was even gonna keep it but it's such a good looking gun mine looke just like the one you got in the pics and i checked the plug its not magnatizzzed

You may be ok then.
Just shoot one round and you will be able to tell.

Underclocked said:
Send me your calipers and those two plugs. :wink: :lol:

Ok...Ok....I fixed it... :shock:

Can't a guy have a drink now and then.?... :lol:

UC... please keep me accountable...OK?

I'm a mess.... :roll:

I didn't mean it!!

Honest!!
I had a flat tire!
My suit didn't come back from the cleaners!
There was an earthquake!
A terrible flood!
Locusts!!
The plague!
It wasn't my faaaaaaaaaault!!!!!!

Blues Bros.

Thanks spit!

I had given up earlier cause UC's thread pitch guage is two threads off. He said they were 18 TPI, I get 20 TPI with my thread pitch guage on my disc rifle plugs. It looks as if they may be 20 TPI then if you say they will thread in?

The $64,000 dollar question though, is WHAT is the length of both your new plug and the NFPJ Disc plug with a primer installed?

I promise I wont bug you again if I can get that information. I am looking to know, IF a guy could bypass the NFPJ bolt adapter if he just used a 209 capper/decapper? I may have to order one to find out if the bolt would close up tight with a primer.

Looks like it will be real close to working, IF the .010 difference in OAL length is compensated for in the primer pocket.

Thanks again for all your information, you went above and beyond the call of duty again.

Don't know why Spit thought I was keeping him straight... I am blind as a bat. Read his caliper wrong even though I doubled the size. And I don't have a gauge, Busta. Just counted threads and then tried to do some math. :D

Latest posts

Back