What kind/make scale do you guys use

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pop Pop

Reaction score
What type/make scale do you guys/gals use for weighing out 209 powder. I have a Remmington 700 UML 50 cal. I ordered a arrowhead breech plug system for it. Also switching over to 209 which I want to weigh out on a scale. Any help would be great, thanks !

I reload rifle so I just use my RCBS charge master. It’s an electric dispenser and scale together.

When shooting percussion or flintlock, I just use a good measure with the funnel on top. I checked it against my powder scale and it was close enough to be in what it was supposed to be, with 3F black, that I'm satisfied. That scale is a Redding, oil dampened, from about 1959 that I've had since that time. I believe the total capacity is 325 grains. It still works just as good as when I bought it, but I do own a couple of jewelers scales that are digital and I use them for weighing the round balls I make. It didn't seem to me that my shooting with primitive weapons and open sights was going to be much affected by using the measure over what I weighed for the unmentionables through the years. I sure don't consider muzzleloader round balls capable of minute degree shooting accuracy, especially with hunting peeps sights. What few round balls I shoot at standing game is pretty minor compared, to what I did 25 years ago, with unmentionables, But it is fun to see just how good I am, or how poor I am, shooting at paper targets at different ranges with those round balls. Now it's entertainment, it used to be serious stuff.
Squint

The 1500 Combo includes both the scale and the dispenser. Its simple to use and for stuff like BH209 its plenty safe. DONT USE IT WITH OTHER SUBS!!!

Latest posts

Back