Blackhorn 209 HELP !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pop Pop

Reaction score
All,
I have a 50 cal Remmington UML.
1- I switched over to the Arrowhead breech plug ignition system.
2- I will be shooting FURY 320 gr. bullets.
3- I switched over to Blackhorn 209 Powder. (which took a few years to get. I just got some)
4- I need to know how much 209 powder by weight should I use.
5- What scale do you guys recommend.
6- Before all the changes above. I was using 100 grs (2 pellets) of Triple 7, and shooting the Remmington Sabots that came with the gun ( they look like Barnes)
7- ANY HELP WITH THIS ABOVE INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT !!
Thanks
Joe

All,
I have a 50 cal Remmington UML.
1- I switched over to the Arrowhead breech plug ignition system.
2- I will be shooting FURY 320 gr. bullets.
3- I switched over to Blackhorn 209 Powder. (which took a few years to get. I just got some)
4- I need to know how much 209 powder by weight should I use.
5- What scale do you guys recommend.
6- Before all the changes above. I was using 100 grs (2 pellets) of Triple 7, and shooting the Remmington Sabots that came with the gun ( they look like Barnes)
7- ANY HELP WITH THIS ABOVE INFORMATION WOULD BE GREAT !!
Thanks
Joe
Right around 106 to 112grs by WEIGHT.

There are 2 FB pages dedicated to the UF, RUM and Customs.

Just dumping the pellets will allow you so much more room to tailor outstanding loads for your gun. Congrats on the shift.

By the way, welcome to these forums.

I am shopping for a scale to weigh out my powder any recommendations.
I used an old set of RCBS balance beam scales for decades and as I get older, it was getting harder to identify the exact balance. I fixed that buy using this: ChargeMaster Combo - 120 VAC | RCBS

You CAN NOT use black powder in that.

There's any number of small electronic scales sets out there. Hornady has one along with just about everyone else.

I used an old set of RCBS balance beam scales for decades and as I get older, it was getting harder to identify the exact balance. I fixed that buy using this: ChargeMaster Combo - 120 VAC | RCBS

You CAN NOT use black powder in that.

There's any number of small electronic scales sets out there. Hornady has one along with just about everyone else.
That "Charge Master" scale is way to much money. I ended up getting a RCBS beam scale 500. Im hopping that will be OK. Its all mechanical.

Latest posts

Back