Wearing Blue

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said; Ditto OldMtnMan; I had a fisher scurry up about 8 yards in front of me first day of deer season in PA 2014 (about 30"long and maybe the 20#+/- area). I was sitting on the ground, watching a wide hollow. The fisher noticed my strange figure for it, just there on the ground motionless. It looked slowly left and right snapped a look at me. Then cocked it's head, gave a low growling hiss a couple times. It moved its' ears and did this dance for almost 1.5 minutes. I didn't twitch that whole incident. Until I said in half a voice, "SCAT!" As I was in mid word that animal was full speed gone at my lips pursing the word. I'm pretty sure the steam from my mouth in the cold hadn't spread in front of my face yet. I didn't move for several minutes but it never returned. Most in PA refer the the Fisher as the Eastern Wolverine. So I WAS a little concerned. Game law prevented me from taking a shot not warranted. That incident made that hunting season.

I was sure someone was going to tell me it won't work. You guys are no fun.

I'll just be hunting for bear from now on. They see blue too. We'll see how it goes.
We were just awonderin' ifin they're bell bottoms to boot ala the 60s and the Beatles ?

Actually, they're the cowboy version. Since I live in cowboy country. Everybody wears Wranglers here. Just like a rodeo. Which is just down the road from me.

Wise asses. :p

Part of the problem in the old days is we didn't know about the brighteners put in today's detergents.

Our pants in those days were faded and worked just fine as long as your faded long johns (now pink) didn't show....

🙃 :) ;) o_O

skills.jpg

I mostly don't chime in to much but this I went over years ago with my son, I would tell him to wash his camos in a non whitening detergent twice, once to rinse the machine and a second to take the brighteners out of the fabric. This I did every year to a pair of blue jeans and plad shirt, under the required orange garb. The brighteners make you glow in low light conditions almost like uv cause that is the range most prevalent at low light toward sundown. He said BS. We hunted on the edge of our field 100 yds. from the edge of the woods, as the shadows grew longer the deer came out of the tees and stopped dead looking right at him , he was in some brush to break up his form but they had him. I was to his right and 40 yds closer to the deer and leaning on a stump, I even moved to shoulder my rifle on them and they were glued on him. uv killers work blue jeans or not.

Latest posts

Back