245gr?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
I just got in a Huuuuuuge order of Powerbelts from Big6x6, thanks man! I was weighing them and came across a package of 245gr Aerotips. I pulled the base off them all and weighted them, The Aerotips weigh 264 grains. I found that really odd.

Do you think they weight them without the base and the nose?

i weighed some 245gr HP's without the base and they were exactly 245gr. The Aerotip adds a good amount of weight to it.

holy smokes! I was doing some measuring on the Aerotips and i came across the 348gr Copper Powerbelt and then the original blackbelt in 348gr.

The shaft on both are the same but the Hollow Point is Huuuuuge in the Blackbelt. It measures .185 VS the Powerbelts .171 DIA shaft.

It will be interesting to see the difference between the two in the sand box.

I weighted 295gr hps,

294gr bullet weight

6gr base (skirt) weight

300gr to total weight +/- 4grs

need find that data

well now this is odd, maybe my scale hadnt balanced out yet, the 245 AT now weighs 246gn.

Go figure

well hold on now. i weighed another bullet from a different package and come up with 262 grains. I am going to email powerbelt and see whats going on.

do you have any jacketed pistol rounds. something like an xtp. weight 3 to 5 of those. see if they are coming out even. I say +/- 2grs

i have abou 40 sabertooths and they all weigh 250gr and the other 2 packages weight 300gn.

i emailed powerbelt and will see what they say. I think it is more than likely going to be a lead deal where a different hardness could have been poured that day.

this is off some 295gr hp's I did a few weeks ago.

w/ skirt: 302grs = .690oz
w/o: 294grs = .675oz
skirt alone: 6grs = .015 oz

so right on par with what I got.

so it is something about that lot of 245. I pull some out I have and weight them

I have some 265 grain KNIGHT (YES KNIGHT) PowerBelts. They were only out for about 1 year. I think they took a lotta chit from everyone for that move. They are the only PowerBelt I could get to shoot worth a hoot out of my Huntsman. They have a red aero-tip and a ribbed black belt. They are a collectors item! :lol:

I just weight 2 245 at's, both came out 254gr with skirts on, 248gr with out skirts, with out tip 246gr

busta bet knight put them out before bpi took them over.

Oops, they are 260 gr, not 265 gr, but here they are.

007.jpg

Got a reponse back from Powerbelt bullets on the 262gr (245s)

A few years back we did have a small batch that got packaged incorrectly. If you want to send them back to us we will replace them with the correct 245 grain bullets. Sorry for the inconvenience

Busta said:
I have some 265 grain KNIGHT (YES KNIGHT) PowerBelts. They were only out for about 1 year. I think they took a lotta chit from everyone for that move. They are the only PowerBelt I could get to shoot worth a hoot out of my Huntsman. They have a red aero-tip and a ribbed black belt. They are a collectors item! :lol:

Melted down Powerbelts make good fishing sinkers... :lol:

This is the third time I posted this. Apparently FG doesn't have a sense of humor, and opinions aren't allowed here.

I made a copy this time,,and will forward to the admins if necessary. 8)

Batchief909 said:
Busta said:

This is the third time I posted this. Apparently FG doesn't have a sense of humor, and opinions aren't allowed here.

I made a copy this time,,and will forward to the admins if necessary. 8)

No, i do believe you are just trying to start an argument. Me keeping things clean in posts is certainly not a senese of humor issue.
I know you have friends on here so dont even try the Bullying part. I did not ask to have this forum made, it was offered and i do like to keep arguments out.

But i do agree with the anchor part, They anchor deer right down to the ground ;)

You left out the part about Powerbelts making good sinkers... :lol:

Dude,,,if you can't take a joke you need to cut the lace off yer panties and join in the fun... :lol: :lol:

Bullying?!?! :lol: Don't blame me for your childhood inhibitions. 8)

Back