TC PRO HUNTER First Range Visit !!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just give it a quick squirt of spray which makes patch fairly damp but not drippin wet. Usually 2 dry follow-ups are needed. Patches are cheap & so is the windex. I can shoot several without doing a thing but over the years have come to the conclusion that I consistenly get my best groups with a swab between shots. If your pressed for time and just want to do some shootin then it really aint needed or if your huntin & reload in the field I usually dont bother swabbin.

Somebody should have warned me not to go take a look at one of these :D :D
With Respect - Moose

Darnit! My local dealer just got one in stock. Now I'll have to come up with an excuse to get it! :D I can hear myself now(I need this gun),some times it get's pretty bad. But I'll go for it,anyway! :yeah: Ron

I'm glad to see everyone is happy with the new ProHunters. I had my Encore for about 5 years now. I think they have made some nice improvements especially with the forend (I find mine a little slick with gloves on), the flex stock, the swing hammer, and easy access to the breech plug. I have only killed 3 deer with mine, 2 BP and one with a 308 pistol barrel, but I have loved mine since I bought it off my buddy. I don't know if I'll get a Prohunter right away but I'll be wanting one that's for sure.

Loggy, how's the trigger pull on the new ProHunter? I think I'm going to change the spring in my original Encore to lighten it up a bit. Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

The trigger pull is crisp & feels like around 3 lbs or lil less. Very nice.

:) Cant wait till this one hits the woods for the first time!! In PA our early ML Season opens 10/14 so aint too far off!

Per reading here sounds like some more Pro Hunter's will likely find some well deserving owners too!!!! :lol:

Loggy, I was able to wrap my hands around a Pro Hunter for the first time today and I was amazed at how light it seemed. I thought it would be front heavy. I don't know if the flutes really made the difference or a lighter forearm, but it did not seem any heavier than the 26" standard model. Today, I was reminded again why I love the Encore guns so much. Boy do they feel goooooood!

Hey, you guys cut it out about these Pro Hunter Encores! All this talk about them sure makes me want one real bad, BUT, the 'ole budget can't take a hit like that right now! :lol:

Latest posts

Back