First deer with my 45 TC Hawken

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Creek Boy

Reaction score
I shot a deer this morning with my new to me early TC Hawken 45. The spike came in from behind me and he ran around 75 yards after the shot which is in the mid section of the ribs. A complete pass through with 65 grains of 2f and a 240 g Maxi ball. I have donated this deer to Hunters for the Hungry after pulling the tenderloin. I hope to be back at it next week as the rut is full blown here in SWVA.

Attachments

• 45 hawken first deer.jpg
    45 hawken first deer.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 0
  • first deer with tc 45 hawken.jpg
    first deer with tc 45 hawken.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 0
Fine tick toter you killed, congrats. I passed on a fat Spike this morning. I get only one Buck tag for Firearms/Alternative seasons. I get one Buck tag for archery n that is it. I get Doe tags i can buy n did. I got 2 of the Doe tags, that is what i am looking for. I have more Bucks crossing my place than Doe's.

I shot a deer this morning with my new to me early TC Hawken 45. The spike came in from behind me and he ran around 75 yards after the shot which is in the mid section of the ribs. A complete pass through with 65 grains of 2f and a 240 g Maxi ball. I have donated this deer to Hunters for the Hungry after pulling the tenderloin. I hope to be back at it next week as the rut is full blown here in SWVA.

Congrats. Though I had been killin deer for a decade before I got my first muzzleloader & took a deer with it, it was a .50 TC Hawken, it was just as memorable as killin my very first deer & even though it was just a simple young hatrack 6, I had it mounted anyway. Don't know what it is about the first muzzleloader kill thats so special to us, but it certainly is nonetheless. I love reading & hearing stories like yours.

Good job

Latest posts

Back