TC PRO HUNTER First Range Visit !!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loggy.....Man!!!... great shootin' 8)

My Encore loves the same recipe. 8)

One nice thing about having lots of guns....the wife looses track! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just had to go back and read that story again!
Like the last time I read it ....it was awesome. That gun ROCKS! 8)

Thanks Spit & H4B.

I did quite a bit of research & PMing, emailing to Pro Hunter owners and concluded it was a fine gun & worth the plunge.. After shooting I found out it was everything that T/C said it was & then some. I plan to use my Pro Hunter in PA Early ML Season which is only 15 weeks away. Whose countin anyway... like they say! :lol:

:lol: Jaybe, some guys have those Retirement Clocks that count time to retirement by the Second. Gotta get me one for Huntin Time Countdown!! Of course, could make these slow Summer Days go even slower!!! :lol:

ITs only 9 weeks and 4 days for my ML season :lol:
I have been retired for 8 years 6months and 2 days :p :p :p
But whose counting :wink:
Ken

Loggy, are you planning on trying any 200 gr. Shockwaves over 3 T-7 pellets in your Pro-Hunter? Can't hardly argue with the accuracy you're getting with the bonded 250's though. Just wondering how the 200 grainers might shoot with 3 pellets and if you are considering trying them. I'm thinking about giving them a whirl in my Omega with 3 T-7 pellets.

Nic,

I bot quite a few of the 250 SW Bonded's so I will stay with them. They shot pretty darn good first time out of the gate.

I'm not much into them lightweights! For ole Loggy a 250 is just a tad too lite! :lol:

Moose,

The Pro Hunter is only available in SS...at least at the time I bought.

My Range repord with my Pro-hunter

I am shooting the Encore Pro-hunter 50 Cal, 3-9x40 Omega Muzzleloading Rifle scope Silver BDC-250 and TC 250 Gr. Bonded Shock Wave sabots over 120 gr. of loose triple 7 and Remington Kleen bore M/L primers. I got the gun sighted in very quick after I bore sighted it and started shooting sub-MOA groups at 100 yards. I did a final 3 shot group at 100 yards and all three bullet holes were touching. I put a 4 inch clay target out at 200 yards to see how close I could come with the new set up. My buddy was watching through my spotting scope and when I shot he said, you blew it up. I hit the 4 inch clay target at 200 yards. Then I shot several more at 200 yards and could not be happier with this set up.

As far as loading, I did a 9 shot string without cleaning or swabbing the barrel and did not have a problem loading the sabots in the gun. It was a little tighter than a clean barrel, but still I was able to load it with little effort. I shot a total of 30 rounds through the gun today. I wish my Browning slug gun would of shot this well today..

I can say that the trajectory compensating reticle works as advertised.
I am waiting on my Winchester triple seven primers to give them a try also, but the Remington Kleen bore primers works well.

:D Great report Redhawk1 on your T/C Pro Hunter Range visit!

I suspect as more succumb to the "muzzleloader of all muzzloaders"(per my opine :lol: ) we will be reading of similar reports as yours & mine.

That IS good to know!

I suspect as more succumb to the "muzzleloader of all muzzloaders"(per my opine ) we will be reading of similar reports as yours & mine.

Yada, yada, yada.... :D

big6x6 said:

That IS good to know!

I suspect as more succumb to the "muzzleloader of all muzzloaders"(per my opine ) we will be reading of similar reports as yours & mine.

Yada, yada, yada.... :D

Chuck,

Try one . .you may like it!! :lol: :lol:

If nuttin else, it has the best "feel" when holdin as compared to any other ML I held......of course im speakin stricky MLers now! :lol: :lol:

My pro-hunter will always be with me in the woods during the M/L season. I will also use it during some of our shotgun only season. :D

Clean between shots?

Most articles suggest a spit patch between shots to keep a consistent barrel foul to enhance accuracy. Do most of you experts agree with this?I couldn't help notice Loggy's mention of windex&vinegar between shots.Perhaps Loggy could expand on his "between shots" routine?

Hi jesheba.

I buy the Windex with Vinegar already in product . it can be found in just about any grocery store.

Between shots I dampen a patch with Windex and swab then follow with dry patch. Thats it. It only take a minute & i found that my optimum groups are otained by doing this.

Thanks Loggy.........Dampen it about as much as a spit patch? I imagine the windex evaporates quickly? Makes sense........no moisture left behind.Good tip! Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back