TC PRO HUNTER First Range Visit !!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
Weather finally cleared here in PA so I headed to the range with my new TC Pro Hunter. Temps were in mid 60's with lite winds.

Here goes a report of my first TC pro Hunter range visit which totally exceeded all my expectations & then some! :)

Thoroughly cleaned bbl with solvent then wiped with alcohol patches & dry. Broke action & boresighted through bbl on a 50 yd target. Only had to adjust elevation/windage between 5-8 clicks which was great since after reading of some Leupold's needing shimms to get on the paper. I at least had a very good feeling I was gonna be on the paper!!!

Arrived at my F&G Clubs range & no one was there. I loaded a new Triple Se7en ML 209 & snapped it off. Man, the pop was about 50% as loud as a regular Win 209 & much less sharp of a crack. Ummm, I thought maybe a good thing. Definitely one hell of a difference!!

I loaded 3 T-7 50 grain pellets & stuffed a 250 grain TC SW Bonded. A lil tight starting but once started fairly easy to load. I squeezed #1 off & was about 2" high & 2" to the left. Man, couldnt believe the minimal recoil especially with 150 grains T-7!!! I thought, that Simms Limbsaver recoil pad combined with TC new FlexTech Stock is cheating. :lol: I checked my CHRONY & read was 2,287 fps. A lil faster than expected but considering charts i compared with were with 26" bbl & Pyrodex vs my T-7 & the new Pro Hunters 28" bbl it was within expectation.

I wiped with Windex (w/vinegar) and dry. Couldnt believe the minmal fouling plus not even one hint of that infamous T-7 crud ring!! This was by FAR the cleanest patch I've EVER recovered shooting T-7. Those new Triple Se7en 209 Muzzleloader Primers will be ALL ever buy hereforward. (PATCH PIC BELOW).

After scope adjustment I fired #2 & was about 1.5" high & 1" to left.

Adjusted scope & set-up new 100 YD. target. Fired shot & was perfect on windage but still high. Adjusted scope 4 clicks down & then fired 3 more shots which CUT HOLES!!!! This aint normal for Ole LOGGY!!! :lol: :lol: My 10X Leupold Vari-X III showed a hole getting bigger (after 2nd shot) so I walked down to check after second shot & thought OH BOY...Loggy you got one hell of a keeper here!!! :) :)

The President of our F&G Club arrived during my shooting session & said time for me to go home ...which I did. :lol: He had an Encore with a 22-250 bbl he going to shoot but did say that his was a shooter too with its ML bbl but never could get a group like my Pro Hunter. Most likely was beginners luck for me for sure. I'll take it though. :lol:

In clean-up there was No Crug Ring, NO Blowback & breechplug was actually cleaner than my 10 ML-II shootin smokeless. TC's new breech plug design is everything they say it is! I must admit after shooting several smokeless MLers, BP Flinters & and whole host of other In-Lines....this TC Pro Hunter is a "notch up" on anything i've ever shot as far as ease of obtaining outstanding groups coupled with unbelievable minimal cleanup and friendly recoil!! Do I sound overally happy....YOU BET!!! :D :D

Heres a few Pics Capturing my TC Pro Hunter Range Visit:

My TC Pro Hunter On The Ole Sandbags

DSCF0333.jpg

100 YD Target Shots #1 & #2

DSCF0339.jpg

100 YD Target Shots #3-#6

DSCF0338.jpg

Patch Between Sots

DSCF0335.jpg

My F&G Club Range (Not bad for $15 Dues/Year :)

DSCF0330.jpg

Handgun Section

DSCF0332.jpg
[/b]

edmehlig said:
Loggy, looks like you have a real shooter there!! Now tell me what do you like better now, your Pro Hunter or Savage???

Ed

Two different concepts Ed. You might make Loggy nervous on that question. :)

edmehlig said:
Loggy, looks like you have a real shooter there!! Now tell me what do you like better now, your Pro Hunter or Savage???

Ed

Yeah Grouse, gettin a lil nervous for sure! No ventliner diameter check-up, no ventliner replacement, no drillin out the plug's crud etc. Still love my Henry Ball #104 plus it almost shoots as good as my TC Pro Hunter!! :lol:

A very tough & troubling question Ed...but i have a question for you which may be an answer in part. Are you still in the market for a 10 ML-II?? :lol:

Finding your go to load in 6 "SOTS". :shock: :lol: Priceless.May God smile on you on your next range trip.

Couldn't help the SOTS thing,reminded me of a new brand of vodka. 8)

smokit said:
Finding your go to load in 6 "SOTS". :shock: :lol: Priceless.May God smile on you on your next range trip.

Couldn't help the SOTS thing,reminded me of a new brand of vodka. 8)

smokit, you are hereby awarded the very much coveted by "ALL".... GOLD STICKER STAR for your astute spelling scrutiny!!! A designation to be proud of for sure! Your input appreciated.

prod13608_sm.jpg

WOW! Good shooting, loggy. Too bad it was such a short trip. I watched a guy today go through two boxes of (cf) bullets trying to figure out what was happening. He's trying to get ready for an elk hunt out west. Oh, BTW - he was shooting a .338. I wouldn't want to be his shoulder tomorrow! :roll:

Larry, I've always been torn between the Encore or Savage, but conidering what you just said, plus the difference in weight, I think I'm leaning towards the new Pro-Hunter.

edmehlig said:
Larry, I've always been torn between the Encore or Savage, but conidering what you just said, plus the difference in weight, I think I'm leaning towards the new Pro-Hunter.

Ed,

Although my ownership experience is new with the TC Pro Hunter but per my gut I think you may be leaning the right way...of course a couple hundred difference between the 2. This gun seems to bridge the gap on many things missing on most.

That's some really good shooting Loggy! Too bad those Bonded Shockwaves won't SHOOT! :lol: That velocity is impressive as well. Does that rifle have a QLA?

Was going shooting yesterday myself. The thermometer read 95-98 degrees for a high everywhere I looked around here. Today I have a different approach...I going to the Tennessee River/Joe Wheeler Lake! :D

big6x6 said:
That's some really good shooting Loggy! Too bad those Bonded Shockwaves won't SHOOT! :lol: That velocity is impressive as well. Does that rifle have a QLA?

Was going shooting yesterday myself. The thermometer read 95-98 degrees for a high everywhere I looked around here. Today I have a different approach...I going to the Tennessee River/Joe Wheeler Lake! :D

Chuck, the Pro Hunter has a 28" QLA fluted bbl w/button rifling. The QLA ensures excellent bullet allignment as advertised. MY TC Firestorm also has QLA.

I went with the Bonded SW's with supplied sabot. Cant believe Ole Powder Dumpin Loggy finally tried dem pellets too! Must be gettin lazy or sumpin. :lol:

Butttttt Loggy, did it come with one of these:

DOC.jpg
:wink:

Heck of a shooter ya got there (both of 'em)! :D

Underclocked said:
Butttttt Loggy, did it come with one of these:

DOC.jpg
:wink:

Heck of a shooter ya got there (both of 'em)! :D

:lol: UC, with whut the TC Pro Hunter goes for....sorta glad the cost of a Photo Session wasnt tacked on!!! The Mrs. is a lil disappointed that ole Loggy started to get into more smokin!! :lol:

Patrick White said:
Loggy said:
The Mrs. is a lil disappointed that ole Loggy started to get into more smokin!! :lol:

Only a little? :lol:

:lol: Patrick, with Father' Day & my BD all hittin at once next week...I told Mrs. Loggy that she & the girls do not need to get me much this year. She did say sumpin last nite that made me wonder if she knew bout me smokin sumpin new again.......Mrs. said "Honey, you seem awfully upbeat these days specially when the fish aint bitin!!!" Sure hope they at least get me a Birthday Cake! :lol:

Chief, whut the hecks up with this Pro Hunter anyways. Several of my other MLers seem to be on awfully good behavier & a lil nervous these days and keeping in-line! :lol:

skamaniac, i would guess a new Pro Hunter bbl would fit. I know the regular encore bbl fit the Pro Hunter.

Redclub, i aint a salesman but think i could sell this one.... since it pretty much sells itself! :lol:

Somehow I missed this post! Looks like your Pro Hunter is doing just fine for you Loggy. It's not exactly rocket surgery getting one of these to shoot is it? :lol:

Latest posts

Back