Season Ending Success! Thank you MM community!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations nice Deer In reference to Sika Deer they are a lot smaller than the whitetail deer I shot an 8 point buck weighed 100 pounds Most weigh 50-80 pounds the are found in Dorchester county and some in Worchester county They are in the marshes for the most part Most time we would pass the doe sika because once you gutted them you could carry them with one hand I hunted in Dorchester county for 25 years Hard to find public land there but there is Black Water refuge where hunting is permitted but have to make application

I thought was probably the case- just watched a video on a Sika hunt- crazy sounding bugle call. I am originally from SE PA, just across the border from Hagerstown. I think I will look into possibly doing one of those late season primitive weapons hunts for Sika, though I think they are only located in a certain area of the state?? Have you ever hunted them?
They are only in parts of the eastern shore of Md.

Congratulations nice Deer In reference to Sika Deer they are a lot smaller than the whitetail deer I shot an 8 point buck weighed 100 pounds Most weigh 50-80 pounds the are found in Dorchester county and some in Worchester county They are in the marshes for the most part Most time we would pass the doe sika because once you gutted them you could carry them with one hand I hunted in Dorchester county for 25 years Hard to find public land there but there is Black Water refuge where hunting is permitted but have to make application.
I checked it out on the MD DNR website- pretty cheap "relatively speaking" to get a Non-resident license and tags. In live in IL and usually hunt IA each year. IA, you have to pay about $150 for your license and then about $500 for 2 tags, assuming you can get tags- obviously I would prefer to not pay that cost, but hunting with friends and family brings me back each year. Hunting in MD would give me a "good" reason to visit the relatives in SE PA. And it likes like a totally different experience for me- hunting marshes out of a climber. I am always up for a different hunting scenario.

Latest posts

Back