savages new muzzleloader for 07

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose hunter

Reaction score
On the Savage homepage the have a picture only no info. Anybody know if this is a smokeless ml ? If yes are there any improvements over last years model other then the thumbhole stock. Just wondering if i should buy lastyears model or wait for this years.

The thumb hole is the only difference that I know of. Won't see one of these up here for a couple of years.

All the Savage Ml muzzleloaders will shoot smokeless. They are built to handle the pressures. The thumbhole stock is relatively new, if you like that type stock it is an option. I have a thumbhole stock on one of my slug shotguns, I never had one before so I thought I would try it. I find it OK but I do not think I will get another. You will be satisfied with the MLII if you get one I am sure.

The new savage was at the Montreal sportsman show and from what I understand it is a full pound heavier than the laminated. No other changes were mentioned. Personally I did not like the feel and it was longer in the length of pull. Did not fit me right.

Rick

Thanks Rick . I went to wholesale sports last night and i couldnt believe it they had one. I forgot that i am left handed so the thuumbhole stock wont work for me. I will buy the normal lam/stainless barrel.

Thanks

Back