Knight Rolling Block KRB7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope you get the opportunity to shoot a nice elk. Have you decided what load you are going to use on them for sure?

That rifle is really an interesting one to read about. I personally think Knight has a real winner on there hands there.

KRB7

I have decided to use the 295 Aerotip Powerbelts with 100 grns of 777. I have shot this round off the bench, freehand standing, kneeling and sitting with shooter's sticks for different situations and I am ready. Hopefully I can call a nice bull in. I missed a shot a few years ago with my bow right over a 6X7 bull and man I was mad. I decided after that I was going to go with the muzzleloader pretty much the same season. The only draw back is that muzzleloader hunters have to wear an orange hat and vest and the Archer doesn't. I debated on a treestand but I think it is better to be mobile in the high country. I will be hunting between 9500 and 11000 feet. Hopefully it is cold and there is a dusting of snow. It makes them obviously easier to track. If you want to come out sometime for an elk hunt let me know I have some pretty good spots.

I am going to build an Antelope load tonight. I am going to Wyoming for Antelope September 22nd. I am going to try the 200grn shockwaves. It is during rifle season but I am going to try for two days with the muzz and if no success I will pull out my custom 7mm.

9 days till the Muzzy season starts in Colorado! I will be taking the KRB7 as my primary rifle. 120 gr. of Pyrodex P under 444 gr. PB flat points. I drew for Bucks and Bulls. While scouting I actually had a bull walk by at 20 feet while sniffing after a cow. All the time I was chatting it up with three archery hunters with deer tags! I was shocked and so was he when he finally realized what was up. I laughed my ass off when he realized the gravity of his situation and kicked it in to 4WD. I feel the need. The need for Elk meat...

Has anyone put a scope on a Rolling Block yet? If so, what is the scope base that works, and where did it come from? I suspect the hammer and rolling block will have to have extensions added??? Don't have one yet but if I do I would want to scope it. My eyes don't work so good with iron sights and Arizona allows scopes.

MLKeith said:
Has anyone put a scope on a Rolling Block yet? If so, what is the scope base that works, and where did it come from? I suspect the hammer and rolling block will have to have extensions added??? Don't have one yet but if I do I would want to scope it. My eyes don't work so good with iron sights and Arizona allows scopes.

I just noticed that Cabelas is selling a RollingBlock with a scope so the mounts must be available. The one that they have appears to be mounted with tall rings and looks to be too high for comfort. It clears the hammer and rolling block by a long way. I would expect that medium rings would be high enough based on the look of the one they list.

I have been lurking in the background following this thread on the rolling block I have been a Knight fan for years.I really like what I hear about the rolling block so I have ordered one hope to have it next week.I wanted to comment on the scope base for the rolling block.I was talking with knight last week when ordering scope base for my Knight vision and they said the rolling block mount is the same.It is the only base available that I know of the Knight P/N 900732 they appear to be the same style as weaver but there is no numbers on them and it is one piece.I ordered them direct from Knight $15.99 I think well good luck to all those heading into the outdoors.Night

Fellow there told me the KP1 will take the Weaver 45 or equivalent. I would think the KRB would be the same (for 2 piece). Knight seems to make an effort at keeping base confusion to a minimum. :wink:

Would like to find some compatible extension bases that would work on the Knight round receivers. A pair of Warne M826 (or S826) might be good but I can find no pics of them. Anyone have a pic of Warnes on a Knight?

Maybe if the two rilfles are big hits there will be more bases to choose from.

My Knight RB arrives tomorrow, Kansas BP deer season opens the 15th, open sights only. Will try 2 777 Magnum pellets and 250 grain Shockwaves first. Usually shoot my Omega Z5, but it's scoped for Oklahoma, excuse to buy the Knight.............. :lol:

Underclocked said:
Fellow there told me the KP1 will take the Weaver 45 or equivalent. I would think the KRB would be the same (for 2 piece). Knight seems to make an effort at keeping base confusion to a minimum. :wink:

Would like to find some compatible extension bases that would work on the Knight round receivers. A pair of Warne M826 (or S826) might be good but I can find no pics of them. Anyone have a pic of Warnes on a Knight?

Maybe if the two rilfles are big hits there will be more bases to choose from.

This information is basically correct. The 45 will work as well as the Warne 826. According to a Knight tech support anything that will fit a Remington 541 will work. I ordered the Warne 826 for my KRB7 both are supposed to be here this week. Rifle on Friday and bases maybe Friday. I hope to be able to mount my Burris Fullfield 11 Ballistic plex 40mm scope with Warne medium height rings. If it works I will try to send picture.

Doesn't the KP1 have a big octagon section where the bases go? :?

The Rolling Block doesn't so it can use the standard bases. The KP1 is gonna need flat bases.

Nope. That's also what I thought Patrick, but Jeff Dinwiddie (sp?) of Knight told me the top is curved and takes the rounded bases.

I just took a closer look at the catalog insert for the KP-1. There is 1 picture that shows it barely. In every other picture it looks flat.

I guess it is rounded. :oops: Good for Knight. At least if I ever buy a Rolling Block or KP-1 I know what bases to use. :lol: I just wish they'd made a nice one piece base for the newer Knights. I know Knight carries one but I'm unsure if it's aluminum or steel. I like steel bases.

I do too but I'm convinced the difference in quality is far less than most people think. Taking a hacksaw to one of each will teach you real quick which is harder to cut.

I guess it is rounded. :oops: Good for Knight. At least if I ever buy a Rolling Block or KP-1 I know what bases to use. :lol: I just wish they'd made a nice one piece base for the newer Knights. I know Knight carries one but I'm unsure if it's aluminum or steel. I like steel bases.[/quote]

According to Knight tech support the one piece base is aluminum. I also prefer steel and I lean toward Warne for bases and rings.

Underclocked said:
I do too but I'm convinced the difference in quality is far less than most people think. Taking a hacksaw to one of each will teach you real quick which is harder to cut.

You are absolutely correct! Let's face it..the scope tube isn't steel either.

Well since nobody took the bet I think I beat Dave to this one. My KRB7 arrived today. It is way too hot to shoot here yet but since others are reporting that I will just list a couple of observations I made. The fit and finish is typical Knight cannot find any fault with that. The recoil pad feels a lot better than most stock pads (a lot softer than the stock Omega). The synthetic stock seems solid and fits perfect. The rolling block requires that you pull the hammer back slightly beyond full cock to roll the block but since they supply hammer and block extension bars it is easy to do. The breechplug tool also removes the stock screw as well as the bolt that holds the barrel to the action (yes the barrel can be taken off the receiver with just one bolt). The fit of the stock for me is perfect for a scope installation as I find the open sights difficult to get my head down low enough on the stock to see them. Great for me as I only use scopes anyway (too old for iron sights). If planning on using the stock sights you might want to check this out prior to purchase. It might require at least changing the front sight to a taller one to get the sight plane up. The length of pull is only 14 inches which on many rifle feels way too short for me but the shape of this stock and ballance of the rifle makes it feel perfect. I think I am really going to like this rifle. It points almost perfect just bringing it up quickly. When I get it scoped and shot I will report again. I just thought of something. The way the barrel comes off is very similar to the old T/C Scout. It was capable of swithching from a .50 to a .54 just by switching barrels. Knight could possibly supply other barrels for this action also. Thought of another one; Smokelessmuzzleloading could make a smokeless barrel quite easily for this also.

Underclocked said:
and now you are gonna steal MY White!! :wink:

Yours??? How come I thought it was MINE!!! You probably already have at least one .451 and here is poor me with only .504's and the new RB 50.

I hate to hijack this KRB thread but...I am only purchasing one new MZ this year so I will hold out till the new KP1 hits the shelves.

Spit ain't made o' money ya know.... 8)

You all can go on talking...I'll just lurk and listen. :)

Oh, as far as the steel bases vs. the aluminum ones? I personally have never had any issue with either one as long as they were installed correctly.

Back