Knight Rolling Block KRB7

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muzzle

Reaction score
Finally picked one of these up in Camo and SS. Fit and Finish is great and the rolling block is cool. I was going to wait for the KP1 but not sure they are going to be out in 6 weeks for my Elk and Muley hunt.

The Rolling Block is a nice looking rifle in person. I went on a 6 day road trip and checked for the KRB7 in 5 different states from CO, NE, IA, IL, and WI from Cabelas to Bass Pro Shops to Gander MTN, to Sportsmans Warehouse. Finally on the way back they had on in Council Bluffs IA and Bass Pro Shops.

Will report range results later in the week. Going to start with the 295 Powerbelts and 777.

A person posted his testing results from his new Knight Rolling Block on another forum. He only had time to test a few loads, but that rifle sure shows promise. He was shooting 385 grain Great Plains conicals, and Barnes Expanders. Barnes are the same company that make Knight's bullets so I am sure this was a recommended load. It shot under an 1-1/2 groups at 100 yards which for brand new is nothing to sneeze at.

This rifle has really caught my attention. I like Rolling Block rifles. I will be watching for your test results. Good luck.. Great rifle by the way. If I buy one it will be Stainless Steel with the black composite stock. Although I told myself no more rifles... :D

KRB7

I wanted the SS with Black Composite and they only had the floor model which was scratched up a bit so I got the SS barrel and camo stock. That G1 camo looks good.

I will be testing at 100 yrds with open sites due to scopes not being allowed here in Colorado for Muzzleloader hunting. I am heading out Thursday to shoot.

KRB7

RRARMS dot com has the SS Composite for 291. Bass Pro Shops matched RRARMS for me I paid $340 for the SS Camo.

KP1

Thanks for the info on the KP1. Seems like they keep pushing back. They told me end of July two months ago.

Oh well got the rolling blck and the Elk season starts in 5 weeks. I am scouting next weekend and will post some pics up.

KRB7

I shot the KRB7 last night. Only shot a few rounds of 295 Powerbelts and 270 Platinums. It was getting dark so only shot a few of both.

I will have to say the KRB7 is a sweet shooting gun. It was easy to load, clean and take apart. I like the trigger as well.

I started at 50 yrds with the 270 Platinums with 100 grains of 777 and CCI 209 Primer. I hit a few inches low at 50. I moved out to 100yrds and shot again. I hit 4 inches low and center. I adjusted the sight a little to much and shot 3 inches high and center. I adjusted the open sight again and then I shot 3 more groups with the 270 Platinums and was grouping just outside 2 1/2 inches one inch high and center. I was shooting with open sights off of a Caldwell Lead sled. I though pretty darn good for open sights.

I also shot three 295 Aerotips with 100 grains of 777 and CCI 209 primer open sighted on the lead sled and got some similar groups as well.

I will be out there again in the next day or two and will get some pics posted up. I have several more loads I would like to try. We can't use saboted bullets or scopes here in Colorado. But I will try several types of saboted bullets to see what this rifle likes. But for now it does great with the Powerbelts.

WOW!! that is pretty good when you get out of the box accuracy like that. Knights are great rifles. That rolling block has my interest but I do not need another rifle. Maybe after they are on the market for a while, I will talk myself into one.

quote] That rolling block has my interest but I do not need another rifle.[/quote]

Hey cayuga, thanks - I needed a good laugh. Bet you have one within six months. :wink:

I'm going to pick up a KRB7 in camo/ss as soon as I find one. I'm looking for another good conical gun to compliment my White UltraMag. The KRB7 just seems like a great concept for a heavy duty muzzleloader.

That rolling block has my interest but I do not need another rifle.

Hey cayuga, thanks - I needed a good laugh. Bet you have one within six months. :wink:

Well if I should accidentally purchase one of them stainless steel models, could I blame you for making me do it? :D I have sure been looking at that rifle. I almost bought a Cabela's Rolling block a while back on an auction but I had heard they were a bear to clean. This knew Knight look like something I could have some fun with. We will see what happens down the road. :D

Well if I should accidentally purchase one of them stainless steel models, could I blame you for making me do it?

Well Cayugad, you can always blame me. Everyone else does! :roll: Like the wise salesman once said, they ain't nailed to the wall, you know!

I've been lusting after a KRB 7 as well!! The 27 inch barrel (my original disc is just 24") and the good looks. It appears to be a good shooter form the two differnent post I've read concerning it. You'd think more people would post their range results with their new ML's! All I would need to see is a couple of more good groups with the KRB and I'd head have one headed to the house in no time!!! :)

Rolling block stuff

I handeled 3 of them last sunday at cabelas in sidney NE . They looked pretty good .The triggers wern't too bad ,I estimate approx. 3 to 5 lbs. respectivly. The rolling block was not real smooth but will probably slick up with a little wear. I liked them well enough to buy one I think but I would sure like to hear from someone who has scoped one and wrung it out with some barns or shock waves. With the green mountain barrel it should be a shooter. Presently shooting a tricked out TC encore and an old TC renagade with good results . If I bought one I would have to see if I could do something with that trigger . Anyone ever lighten up one of removable triggers like the rolling block has?
Good shootin
Okie

Rolling Block

My Rolling Block was not real smooth when I bought it. But now it is real smooth after shooting it and cleaning it a few times. It is very easy to load, clean, and shoot. Mine has a good trigger I am not sure what the pull is though. The Rolling Block is awesome and can't say enough about it. You won't be dissapointed.

I did hit the range again and got some real good groups with the 295 Powerbelt aerotips and 100 grains of 777 with open sights. I wish we could use scopes here in Colorado this gun has some great potential. I still have the target so I will get some pics up. I am also going out again thursday and will report and take some pics.

Could you throw something like a peep sight or a ghost ring on the rifle? Lost of people claim better accuracy with them. Although I have some real problems with peep sights and low light conditions.

It sounds like you have a great shooter. I will be interested in seeing the pictures and more range reports.

Peep Sight

I did think about using a Williams peep sight on the Rolling Block. I used to have one on my TC Omega and liked it. But it being so close to Muzz Elk season and I am getting good accuracy I may just leave it alone for now and try the peep after Elk season.

I could not agree more.. with elk season close at hand, why mess with a good thing. I was thinking actually of myself down the road. Not that I am going to get one mind you, but if I did a rolling block and a peep sight just seem to go together..

Good luck elk hunting. I hope the rolling block gets a chance to make some meat.

Tony Smotherman reported on his website, Travelin Hunter, that he was getting 1.5 inch groups with his KRB. He was shooting the new magnum Triple 7 pellets and a 290 gr Knight polymer tip bullet in the EZ load sabot. He said he was taking it to Ontario to bear hunt. He usually hunts with his .52 cal Long Range Hunter . His KRB was scoped with a Bushnell Elite. I am lusting after the .50 cal LRH. Maybe soon, I'll take the plunge before I go to Iowa, though my Encore shoots pretty good.

Back