New build plans?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already have 2 sml's.One is a Knight mountaineer with a Brux 45 barrel and the other is my new Omega with Boyds t/h stock and Woodman arms 45 sml barrel.So that is a bolt action and breakopen if I can call it that.

I’ve got a 26” McGowan smokeless barrel on order from Woodman for another of my Omegas. It should compliment my 26” Brux barreled smokeless Omega quite well. Probably be late Spring early Summer before I get it.

I’ve got a 26” McGowan smokeless barrel on order from Woodman for another of my Omegas. It should compliment my 26” Brux barreled smokeless Omega quite well. Probably be late Spring early Summer before I get it.
Did you send him an action to be fitted on the barrel?

If I do I would like to have a t/c pro hunter 45/70 with a 26'' barrel.It would have to be a 45 due to that it is what is required here in Indiana.Mt brother wants to sale his pro hunter n 243,then I could have the barrel made or converted.

My brain is always planning my next build even if my wallet cannot afford it my favorite build out of everything I put together has been the Howa mini, in 45 Cal using the Hankins plug that he uses with his brake action I have noticed that stocky stocks in Florida just came out with a carbon stock too but both of those rifles that I put together a few years back on the mini with Scopes weighed right at 8 8 1/2 lb I always talk myself out of going 40 cal because of its limitations with bullet selections and every time I shoot some 40s in my 18 twist 45 I smile and tell myself I have a very functioning 40 cal right here in my hands and I just need to shoot it sure not trying to influence anyone away from a 40 I will eventually have one,,, just started shooting one of five new barrels that Mark at Woodman arms built, it does help settle my I want to build another rifle brain but only for short periods,,, as a young man me and a couple of other friends in my tight Circle built Mausers and remingtons, usually just to sell and turn around and build the next project, the funding part, once you get looped into that lifestyle it's really hard to get away will always be thinking about a new build.

One thing I have become adamant about and that is the weight of smokeless 45 rifles even the Remington 700 barrel nut rifles are too heavy and that's great to build and put together heavy guns but a lot of days when it's hunting season if you have a choice you're going to leave that heavy gun sitting in the corner try to build a smokeless 45 or 50 with the scope that weighs less than 9 lb preferably in that eight eight and a half category with the scope you'll get so much more use out of it and I know some of us are just dedicated Target shooters get the heavy rifle and get after it but if you hunt a lot rifles like those rebarreled omegas or the nula 50 cal just make so much more practical sense

One thing I have become adamant about and that is the weight of smokeless 45 rifles even the Remington 700 barrel nut rifles are too heavy and that's great to build and put together heavy guns but a lot of days when it's hunting season if you have a choice you're going to leave that heavy gun sitting in the corner try to build a smokeless 45 or 50 with the scope that weighs less than 9 lb preferably in that eight eight and a half category with the scope you'll get so much more use out of it and I know some of us are just dedicated Target shooters get the heavy rifle and get after it but if you hunt a lot rifles like those rebarreled omegas or the nula 50 cal just make so much more practical sense
Never weighed my cva scout, but i agree, i love taking it hunting as it’s the lightest ml rifle i own.

Latest posts

Back