Micro Slick Barrel Coating Test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rost495

Reaction score
Hi All

I drop in from time to time trying to learn from ya'll and appreciate every bit of info as I tweak...

Anyway I had my Renegade barrel coated with Micro Slik from Fit 4 Duty coatings. Because I wanted to prevent rust in bad situations. Like being on a backpack hunt and not having to clean a fired gun for a few days etc... Shooting and being interupted and not getting to clean the gun for a day or so etc....

I found this coating, the owners partner uses it on his BP guns etc...

I shoot real black at times and just got done with the 2nd test on this coating which involved firing the gun a number of times and then letting it sit with NO cleaning for 2 weeks.

Cleaned before shooting the next time, NO signs of rust or any problems at all.

I am having accuracy issues with ALL conicals, but with balls and no tweaking the gun shoots 2-3 inches at 100 so I suspect it does not affect accuracy and via conversations with others using it in CF rifles it does not affect accuracy at all. I cannot comment on this barrel as it sat in my shop for probably 15+ years without being fired and then was coated so I have no before and after data.

Simply FYI for those interested. Am not connected with Fit 4 Duty-- was simply looking for some help. Having recently seen a SS CF barrel ruined by moisture in AK I'm all for figuring out how to save barrels now.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back