Got a conical mould!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started digging through molds earlier to find the 50 Maxi’s I mentioned, I could only find 1 of them, And several 54s, The 50s i thought i had turned out to be 54s

This is the only .50 Maxi mold i Have, or at least found in all of my junk :D  It appears to be the Exact Same mold that you have. I decided to Cast some up to test in my Green Mountain LRH 1:28 Twist. My Old Stainless 50 GM LRH Didn’t shoot Maxi’s worth a Darn, But That Barrel would NOT shoot pure lead, and that is what i was using back then. It will be interesting to see how my New Blued 50 LRH Does with these?
WU1un7km.jpg

37FDuEim.jpg

That one of yours sure Mushroomed out nice :ttups: That be ROUGH on Critters!

It should do the job thats for sure. I really want to use the REAL this year but we will see how it goes. I know the real does awesome out to 100 yards. We'll see when the time comes.

FrontierGander said:
It should do the job thats for sure. I really want to use the REAL  this year but we will see how it goes. I know the real does awesome out to 100 yards. We'll see when the time comes.
I hear ya! After seeing Ron’s, and Your own Test on that little R.E.A.L. Bullet, I would Hunt any Big Game we have with that Bullet with ZERO Hesitation! That little bullet Perormed FLAWLESSLY. And the funny part is, it’s really not Little, there is nothing little about a 250 Grain hunk of Lead, We get so Wrapped Around Big 400 PLUS Grain Bullets in these Muzzleloaders, that soon it becomes the “Norm” But a 250 Grain Bullet will Kill Just as DEAD as a 500 Grain Bullet, that’s a FACT

Jonathan,  I was just looking, or trying to see the Sprue plate on your Maxi Mold, i see the Mold is a Steel Lyman, and so is mine, From what i can tell your Sprue Plate looks like 1 of the Good heavy duty ones? Mine looks like a little Chinese Knock off :lol!: No joke! Look at this Chincy looking Thin thing, here it is beside another 1 of my Lyman molds, i have 12-15 Lyman Molds and this Maxi Ball on the left is the Only 1 of mine that has a Tiny Thin Plate like this one, I don’t like it at all. I will probably get a New Thick Plate for it
zdJAbAbl.jpg

Lol yeah youre right i never noticed they changed them up. Give that shoot out lube 20 or 30 rounds in that mountain rifle of yours.

FrontierGander said:
Lol yeah youre right i never noticed they changed them up. Give that shoot out lube 20 or 30 rounds in that mountain rifle of yours.
I can’t wait to get out and Shoot this thing! I have Your “Shoot Out” sitting here ready to go, Just waiting on weather, it has been HORRIBLE Wet weather here, Rain and Snow. Any added Tips to using your “Shoot Out” other than the instructions on the Bottle?

Nope just shake it up good,pour a little into a container, dip the match in, swirl it around, load and shoot.

FrontierGander said:
Nope just shake it up good,pour a little into a container, dip the match in, swirl it around, load and shoot.
Don’t get any easier than that! :ttups:

Ok that Winchester X-150 shoots them solid with 80gr Pyrodex P! Recoil was nothing. No group size, just wanted to get out and pull the trigger and see if it was 50 yard acceptable. Turned out to be more than acceptable lol.

X-150 is put away in a case for now while I work on the Firebolt Ultramag .45

Latest posts

Back