CVA Accura LR .45 "best LR bullets"

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing i can not deal with in a 45cal is a barrel much over .451 on the lands. Its a deal breaker for me if you want to shoot sabots without any hassles. MMP sabots will work but not as well with hotter loads and Harvesters are too small for .452 lands. So the only option are .402 bullets and that leaves out all the cheap bullets like XTPs/Noslers for simple recreation. Plus you miss out on many other bullets sabotless unless you knurl them up.

Parker will make his larger (special order) but the cost is very high. Fury charges only a few bucks to knurl his up. Conicals if shooting BH209 will need to be sized from .453-.454 and .453 would be a special order die.
I took a Lee .452 and polished it out to .453. i had to get one of their .454s and polish it out to actual .454. it was .4535. only took 10 minutes or so.

I recently acquired the CVA Accura 45 LR. So I cannot speak of load accuracy for now. But I can tell you the Lehigh Defense’s 260 gr -.458 is a dual performer. Accuracy and game killer.
Using in Knight 45.
Will of course need a sizer. Lee-$. Hankin’s -$$ or Swinglock -$$+.
It’s not a plinking pill due to cost , but very repetitive dependable.
Good info about it on this site.
Stay tuned. Lol.

https://www.lehighdefense.com/all/458-controlled-fracturing-260gr-muzzleloader-bullet

Latest posts

Back