Create a West Virginia Primitive Weapon Hunting Season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't most states already have special seasone for some groups (i.e. bows?). It sounds like a good idea to add another season in WV! JMO! Either way we all need to get out and hunt while we still can, no matter what season. Happy Holidays to all!

Why wouldn't you want a Trad hunt? Especially if it was in the rut with a flintlock.............never shot a flinter, but why would you pass up a chance to buy a new rifle?

I hunted with flintlocks only for many seasons, but I would not support giving them their own season. Personally I wish there was only one hunting season and let folks use what they like.

Not too long ago I saw something about a proposal in North Carolina on types of weapons for deer hunting. I don?t think it was a proposed regulation but just up for discussion. The proposal was limited to a certain area of the state and would apply to privately owned land. Subject to established season dates and limits, any legal weapon could be used. I kind of liked the idea, if you own the land, you decide how to kill your deer.

Back