How Many

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of y'all be tugging at my heart ! I feel the same way, i love to shoot n hunt with my Crossbows, but the ML's have a special place in my heart. When the weather is decent n warm eoungh to be outside. I can spend hours working up loads for diff balls/conicals n bullets. Oh yeah like most of y'all i have a Uberti new Army 1860 .44 i hunt deer with, along with other pests that get into range

I hunt exclusively with my muzzleloader during both seasons here in Indiana and have so for the last 15 years. I use my 870 for waterfowl when I have a place to go. My .22 for squirrels. I should use my .308 during firearms season, but can’t seem to let my mz sit for that long. My .300 blackout I am AR platform just sits there. I never see anything in the woods whenever I take it out. In fact, I’m contemplating selling it, or trading it in for a Henry rifle in either .44mag or .45 LC.

Count me in as well. Resurrected this original Rem 700ML with some new wood from Boyd's, trigger from Timney and Badger Ridge bolt/breech plug 209 conversion.

I saw the writing on the wall a LONG time ago. As many other rigs I've used etc over the years, I decided from here out to only hunt with my bow and ML. The diet it takes to feed the others has all been labeled, stacked and stored with a few carrying Gamma Seal lids. Also just picked a very early TC Hawken for a song to complete my ML needs. I don't feel handicapped one bit for making meat. Well, I forgot. I also use a .41 Rem Mag Ruger Super Black Hawk Hunter with handloaded 210gr Speer Deep Curls. I can honestly say, I'll never need to purchase ANY factory feed or component ever again and I have 0 regrets or complaints. I have 10x more enjoyment from shooting my bow and frontloaders anyway.

SHADOWFOX64
I see the Shady Camo Boyds stock on your 700ML. I like that color & I have a stock in it on an Omega, it prob won't be my last Shady Camo stock since they can look completely different from one to another.

Count me in as well. Resurrected this original Rem 700ML with some new wood from Boyd's, trigger from Timney and Badger Ridge bolt/breech plug 209 conversion.

I saw the writing on the wall a LONG time ago. As many other rigs I've used etc over the years, I decided from here out to only hunt with my bow and ML. The diet it takes to feed the others has all been labeled, stacked and stored with a few carrying Gamma Seal lids. Also just picked a very early TC Hawken for a song to complete my ML needs. I don't feel handicapped one bit for making meat. Well, I forgot. I also use a .41 Rem Mag Ruger Super Black Hawk Hunter with handloaded 210gr Speer Deep Curls. I can honestly say, I'll never need to purchase ANY factory feed or component ever again and I have 0 regrets or complaints. I have 10x more enjoyment from shooting my bow and frontloaders anyway.

SHADOWFOX64
Nice selection, I have the same revolver except it is the Bisley frame. Very nice.

Sorry, but as much as I love ml hunting, I love tagging game even more. All my ml hunts are draw only, and tagging out is easier than during the general season, so those are the draw hunts I put in for. If I have to hunt the general "any weapon" season, I use a scoped bolt action in 7mm WSM.

SHADOWFOX64
Beautiful rifles. Really like what you've done with the rem. Bought one when they first came out which had a few issues, so I sold it. Looking at yours, I wish I hadn't..

I used a MZ to kill my two deer this year. It was a slow year count wise. I was waiting for the big one so passed a lot of good meat. But I had a great time. Had some nice people share my blind and got a few deer that way. But I prefer a MZ to hunt deer.

Last edited:
just a wee bit short... don't forget the green pepper, tomatoes and onions. Again, precision shooting is the key ... 'proper shot placement and correct bullet selection are a must. if you don't shoot these veggies just right..
I am sure i will let others do them in n fix the vitles with them. I am sure they would be good eats. I am just too lazy to do all that work. I even stopped hunting tree rats cause i wanted more meat for the amount of work involved

I am sure i will let others do them in n fix the vitles with them. I am sure they would be good eats. I am just too lazy to do all that work. I even stopped hunting tree rats cause i wanted more meat for the amount of work involved
Of y'all use n hunt with your ML during Gun/Firearms season ?

I do, plus of course use them in ML/Primitive weapon season. I no longer even own a centerfire rifle, haven't hunted with one in years.

Not me and in my 45+ years of hunting I’ve yet to see anyone else carrying one during the regular firearms seasons.
Really ? Geez lol, i have either hunted with my crossbow or one of my ML's for past 10 yrs during Firearms seasons. I am thinking last time i hunted an shot a deer with a rifle was 2012. I heart shot a small Buck with my friends 32-20 Marlin

Back