a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

Guard it well and Respect what we have, Educate the Uneducated and beware of the UNEDUCATED MEDIA and Uneducated Politicians.

I have to drive north  to ALASKA  or south to ARIZONA to strap on one of my handguns.....in British Columbia  KANADA   the QUEEN  just don't trust us ''subjects'' to carry our handguns.....
we can carry a dozen  SKS semi auto carbines and several  thousand rounds in our vehicle  but a ''handgun''  no way.   guess they are afraid of a REPEAT of that  ''incident'' back in  1776 !!!

thats interesting

I live in Indiana and I carry. Every day.

On my hip, Colt Delta Elite 10mm

i just need to get off my asssssssssssssssssss and take the course, both my wife and i, and get a nebraska concealed carry permit. she will carry a ruger lcr 38 special i will carry a uberti colt 45 in 3 inch barrel, black powder frame. both carry well and shoot to center at 20 yards and pack a punch. you have to admit, putting a flare in the window of a harassing car would be fun. in n.dak. i was driving to a nursing job 55 miles from my house in open ranch country. a drugged up piece of crap ahead of me slowed down to 25 miles an hour. when i tried to pass he would not let me. soon i could see what he was doing, trying to stop me. when he did i got out with my ithica 12 gauge police riot shot gun. i pointed it at him and you never saw a guy leave the area so fast it was burning rubber and a cloud of dust. i also got into that situation in minot n.dak. a guy did that to me and i rolled down the window and safeway parking lot. he said ok. we went their and i run to his car grabbed him by the hair threw the open window and really went to work on his face. he gunned his engine and i rode the side of his car for a little bit then jumped off. got his plate number and reported it. the cops told me he was the biggest drug dealer in minot. they couldnt stop laughing about. they all said your one tough nurse. later i got a call from the chief of police offering me a job as under cover narc. they had done a background check on me and thought i would be good at it. i said thanks for the offer but i really like being a nurse and had enough of mixing with the bad dudes by accident. later when they went to finally bust that guy he turned a german shepard on the cops. one of the cops shot the lower jaw off of the dog then put him down for good. the guy said, you shot my dog, the cop said, dam straight and your next if you move a inch. again, it would have been fun to put a flare in the backseat of those jackasses i had to deal with. just plain fun.
I had the same thing happen to me in Kalifornistan and felt pretty helpless. Happened to me here in Idaho on the way home from the range. I thought, "go ahead" but another fast moving 4x4 behind me ran him off into the slow lane. I slid in behind the truck and passed them up. I slowed down but they backed way off. I only had one 9mm loaded. Now I carry a Mech Tech carbine loaded behind the seat. No more troubles though.

There is one federal problem with that concept.

You've just converted an unregulated flare device into a unregistered Destructive Device since it was used as an anti-personnel weapon. And they do prosecute for that. It is up to 10 years in the federal big house and $10K fine. No Parole or Probation for assigned sentence. And you're prohibited from firearm ownership once you get out.
Sorry, criminals are protected by the left and can do what ever they please.

If no one cares that much, then why do a red flag to bring The MAN into your life with a flare gun but use a real firearm?
Your life, your call.
Google 'flare gun for self defense' for further edification. I offered good advice.

I'm out of this thread.
Bye

I've lived in both Georgia and Virginia and had a cc permit in both states. As a former LEO and Academy firearms instructor I never had to take any kind of "course" to get a permit. Here in Maine it's legal to carry concealed or open without a permit. This, of course, applies to those who can legally possess a firearm. But one can also get a concealed permit if one so chooses. I'll be doing that after the virus thing is conquered. But I very rarely carry concealed anymore. In the bush I open carry but never in public. Public open carry makes people nervous and invites some bozos to test you. Any civilian who carries concealed MUST be willing to walk away from a confrontation; the last thing one wants is police intervention OR the, unnecessary Heaven forbid, "mark of Cain". Still it is always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

And snakes! I love reptiles, including snakes, as much as I love most other creatures. I've only ever killed two rattlers and a couple of copperheads; and one of the rattlers was by accident. Zoologists say the canebrake - in the upland they correctly call them "timber rattlers", which have a yellow background color unless they are black phase, etc - which is the lowland version of the timbers, have been growing increasingly toxic and are now clearly about as bad as such things get. Their venom is a mixture (many species have some slight mix of venom) of hemotoxin AND neurotoxin. It remains unclear if this is a natural evolution or something else and was noted quite a ways back. At any rate the timber family, along with the diamondbacks, are rather lethargic and not prone to strike unless injured or seriously threatened. And the larger they get the more "docile" they get. Back in Georgia they were everywhere around our house and the surrounding county. We've had them on the porch, in the barn, hanging about my backyard shooting range; they were ultra common. In our county one November a deer hunter came down off his stand and was bitten. His son & nephew were with him and called 911. But 15 minutes later when they got him out to the ambulance he was already dead.

Copperheads were all over as well. Now they WILL readily bite if disturbed. I used to catch them and keep them in a terrarium through the summer and release them in the fall in time to fatten up for the winter. My dog was bitten by one and I caught that one too. If it had been a canebrake she would have died in minutes. I never did catch a pygmy rattler (different genus) but saw them frequently. My squeeze thought I was very weird because I would stop to drag rattlers/copperheads off the road to keep them from being killed. All creatures interest me a lot.

Since a muzzleloader isn't considered a firearm in most states that have any common sense, I would think a guy could buy one of those 20 ga. side/side handguns that are being turned out. Stick one of those in a creep's face in your car window would get their attention I'd think !

"a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for."

In Oklahoma we have Constitutional carry. Non felons and non wife beaters may simply put their trusty pistol/revolver in the car. Oklahoma has one funny law though: Can't carry a handgun larger than .45 caliber.

Worked in Saudi Arabia for many years. i was an advisor to SANG, the Saudi National guard, when Kuwait was invaded. Was given dispensation to carry a firearm for protection. Went to the souk and bought a Steyr AUG rock and roll model.

Gave the rifle to a Saudi military friend when i left.

Yep, i was able to purchase a fully auto firearm in Saud Arabia but can't buy a new one at home: Go figure.

In Oklahoma we have Constitutional carry. Non felons and non wife beaters may simply put their trusty pistol/revolver in the car. Oklahoma has one funny law though: Can't carry a handgun larger than .45 caliber.

Worked in Saudi Arabia for many years. i was an advisor to SANG, the Saudi National guard, when Kuwait was invaded. Was given dispensation to carry a firearm for protection. Went to the souk and bought a Steyr AUG rock and roll model.

Yep, i was able to purchase a fully auto firearm in Saud Arabia but can't buy a new one at home: Go figure.
Falcon, I stayed in the SANG vehicle compound from October 90-Jan 91, had a cot in one of the sections with a tarp for a wall. We flew the Alabama St. flag (white with a red X (cross) over our part of the compound, then I moved into Kobar Towers. Was a class A purchaser for a Ord. Co., the 226th Support and 440 Ord. were in there with me also, made weekly runs to KKMC and later, Log Base Charlie.....we may have stumbled over one another. Turned in my M16A1 at end of war and carried a Yugo AK and a Makarov from the "amnesty" boxes as i was traveling alone weekly to Rafa area. Hated to leave them at the airport runway.

I've lived in both Georgia and Virginia and had a cc permit in both states. As a former LEO and Academy firearms instructor I never had to take any kind of "course" to get a permit. Here in Maine it's legal to carry concealed or open without a permit. This, of course, applies to those who can legally possess a firearm. But one can also get a concealed permit if one so chooses. I'll be doing that after the virus thing is conquered. But I very rarely carry concealed anymore. In the bush I open carry but never in public. Public open carry makes people nervous and invites some bozos to test you. Any civilian who carries concealed MUST be willing to walk away from a confrontation; the last thing one wants is police intervention OR the, unnecessary Heaven forbid, "mark of Cain". Still it is always better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

And snakes! I love reptiles, including snakes, as much as I love most other creatures. I've only ever killed two rattlers and a couple of copperheads; and one of the rattlers was by accident. Zoologists say the canebrake - in the upland they correctly call them "timber rattlers", which have a yellow background color unless they are black phase, etc - which is the lowland version of the timbers, have been growing increasingly toxic and are now clearly about as bad as such things get. Their venom is a mixture (many species have some slight mix of venom) of hemotoxin AND neurotoxin. It remains unclear if this is a natural evolution or something else and was noted quite a ways back. At any rate the timber family, along with the diamondbacks, are rather lethargic and not prone to strike unless injured or seriously threatened. And the larger they get the more "docile" they get. Back in Georgia they were everywhere around our house and the surrounding county. We've had them on the porch, in the barn, hanging about my backyard shooting range; they were ultra common. In our county one November a deer hunter came down off his stand and was bitten. His son & nephew were with him and called 911. But 15 minutes later when they got him out to the ambulance he was already dead.

Copperheads were all over as well. Now they WILL readily bite if disturbed. I used to catch them and keep them in a terrarium through the summer and release them in the fall in time to fatten up for the winter. My dog was bitten by one and I caught that one too. If it had been a canebrake she would have died in minutes. I never did catch a pygmy rattler (different genus) but saw them frequently. My squeeze thought I was very weird because I would stop to drag rattlers/copperheads off the road to keep them from being killed. All creatures interest me a lot.
I prefer concealed carry, if out and about, but I sometimes open carry a sidearm while hunting....

Since a muzzleloader isn't considered a firearm in most states that have any common sense, I would think a guy could buy one of those 20 ga. side/side handguns that are being turned out. Stick one of those in a creep's face in your car window would get their attention I'd think !
Pull it best be ready to pull the trigger. In NY the liberals say you can own a double barrel muzzloader like a Diablo, but cannot own the materials to fire it without a pistol permit. NY is the worst on weapons, they want an easily subdued populace.

Pull it best be ready to pull the trigger. In NY the liberals say you can own a double barrel muzzloader like a Diablo, but cannot own the materials to fire it without a pistol permit. NY is the worst on weapons, they want an easily subdued populace.

I always taught that one MUST NOT EVER BLUFF BY DRAWING A GUN. Be advised always that your bluff will be called sooner or later. Then what's left to do? Once a piece is presented there's no turning back. Before presenting it make sure the situation rates the use of deadly force.

Any open carry, long guns included, in most urban settings is risky, can lead to trouble and makes one a spectacle. I've always lived mostly in rural and small villages and did not have any reservations with open carry; It was rather common there. Concealed is always best in non-hunting, urban environments. Personally, I like the comfort of having a piece concealed and available if needed. I'm also aware that I will have to walk away from all but legal/deadly confrontations. Even with those cases it's always best to try and diffuse or leave if possible. All the times when I've had to present my weapon I was ready to use it if required.

Same here in Maine, we are also a COnstitutional Carry state, though I still keep my permit active.

Pulling a gun out and aiming it at another person is considered assault with a deadly weapon...

even pointing a toy gun, plastic or metal even a cap pistol at someone is considered as a threatening gesture and ASSUALT! beleave me you will be arrested! and even worse what if the guy that you point your plastic gun at has a real one on him???

As someone who works full time in criminal defense I vigorously reaffirm what Mr. T states above.
There are some various technical legal nuances according to jurisdiction; but PLEASED BE ADVISED
fellow m.l. readers everywhere that you should NOT point a gun at anyone (assuming you are not in a desperate circumstance where you have no reasonable option where there is self-defense or defense of others. Moreover, that circumstance must be abundantly clear, sustainable with irrefutable evidence).

Anyone who has CCW should by now, know these laws! Keep it in your holster unless you are in a situation that you are forced and intend to use it.

Back