a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: a legal carry handgun to carry in your car that you dont need a permit for.

. "Mike in OZ" made me remember how grateful I am about our gun rights. I belong to a gunsmithing site that produces a dvd every year of all the builds and plans. There are many countries that even plans can not be sent to. I suspect there are countries that even this site is banned.

You need to check your state gun laws every once in a while as they do change without notice. Some of the mid western states go through the rules every year, when those in power don't like something they reword it as a revision. I don't know if that's legal or not and most wouldn't know anything changed until they get ticketed.

azal said:
. "Mike in OZ" made me remember how grateful I am about our gun rights. I belong to a gunsmithing site that produces a dvd every year of all the builds and plans. There are many countries that even plans can not be sent to. I suspect there are countries that even this site is banned.
I'd suspect Africa, Saudi Arabia and North Korea would be about the only places that would block sites like this on mass, but yeah seriously, appreciate what you have got and guard it well.

not unusual to see..... Was driving home from the range with my son the other day and he noticed a girl walking down the sidewalk and commented " Only in Our Town" and I asked what he meant - he said " you wont see a girl walking down the street with a glock on her hip most anywhere else"...
We are the home of the world headquarters of the Single Action Shooting Society so almost any time there is an event, and especially during "Cowboy Days" there are spurs, vests, and pistols on hips in every store, restaurant, and gas station...Like I said not an unusual site here at all! Kinda different I guess...

hawkthrower said:
not unusual to see..... Was driving home from the range with my son the other day and he noticed a girl walking down the sidewalk and commented " Only in Our Town" and I asked what he meant - he said " you wont see a girl walking down the street with a glock on her hip most anywhere else"...
We are the home of the world headquarters of the Single Action Shooting Society so almost any time there is an event, and especially during "Cowboy Days" there are spurs, vests, and pistols on hips in every store, restaurant, and gas station...Like I said not an unusual site here at all! Kinda different I guess...
And I bet your local crime rate is almost zero.

If I was to try that here I’d be on the nightly news in a flash.

OldMtnMan said:
You can carry a handgun here anywhere you want including your car if it's not hidden. No permit needed. Kind of like in the old west strapped to your hip.

You can carry it hidden if it's unloaded.

Hidden and loaded you need a permit.
Pete does Colorado still have open carry there like what some of the other states. I see at least 2-3 people every week with a pistol on their belts in the store, on the street and so on.

As far as I know they do. I think what they had in mind was you could use a handgun as backup while hunting and not need a permit.

They really don't like you wearing a gun around town.

Mike - I'd say you would be! Down under has a "thing about it" as do many other places...... Even here! - You should have seen the looks when the guy and his passenger at the next gas-pump (with California plates) noticed the 44 and the "big knife" on my gun belt while I was filling up my truck! ;)

In Arizona, to the best of my knowledge, open carry was always legal. I live in the South East part close to Tombstone, so seeing someone with a pistol strapped to their hip is a daily occurrence. The folks in Tombstone often carry them for the tourists benefit. You can NOT carry them into the Bar unless you work there or have a CCW and are not consuming alcohol and keep it concealed.

azal said:
In Arizona, to the best of my knowledge, open carry was always legal. I live in the South East part close to Tombstone, so seeing someone with a pistol strapped to their hip is a daily occurrence. The folks in Tombstone often carry them for the tourists benefit. You can NOT carry them into the Bar unless you work there or have a CCW and are not consuming alcohol and keep it concealed.
 You need a handy weapon to kill all those blasted rattlers you have there.

Ihawkthrower said:
Mike - I'd say you would be! Down under has a "thing about it" as do many other places...... Even here! - You should have seen the looks when the guy and his passenger at the next gas-pump (with California plates) noticed the 44 and the "big knife" on my gun belt while I was filling up my truck! ;)
I’d have thought seeing someone open carrying would be no big deal in the free states.... but from what I understand The Peoples Rebublic 
Of Kalifornia are just as stupid (or weak as piss, take your pick!) as the guberment of Australia.

OldMtnMan said:
azal said:
 You need a handy weapon to kill all those blasted rattlers you have there.
I never suffer a rattler to live. I lived a lot of my life at "Cascabel" AZ., a ghost town. Cascabel means Rattler in Spanish.
I probably killed well over 100 in my life, only had 3 get away.

I'm not fond of them myself. I've never seen any at high altitude, so I hang out there the most.

azal said:
I never suffer a rattler to live. I lived a lot of my life at "Cascabel" AZ., a ghost town. Cascabel means Rattler in Spanish.
I probably killed well over 100 in my life, only had 3 get away.
I have mentioned the killing of rattlers here before, have know idea how many in a 20 year period. Should have counted the two shoe boxes full of rattles saved over the years (several 100 I would think). Always had boot on and either killed them with a 22 pistol, the back of a shovel and several that caught me by surprise with just stomping on them when trying to get away, then cutting their heads off with my pocket knife. 

rattlesnake-strike.jpg

Have been very lucky, my dog got nailed one time and I got hit trying to save her. We both when to town for shots, she stayed 3 days at the vets and I did an over night at the hospital. After  that we both notice our arthritis wasn't as bad. Told my doctor this and found the University of Pennsylvania has been researching the rattlesnake venom for several years and the benefits it has.  Most people bitten by rattlesnakes have inadvertently stepped on them — so watch where you’re walking! Rattlesnake bites can be dangerous but are very rarely fatal to humans. With proper medical treatment, including antivenin, bites are usually not serious but not life threating.

Their venom is extremely potent. “The venom of most rattlesnake species is composed mainly of hemotoxins.”  “Symptoms include temporary and/or permanent tissue and muscle damage, loss of an extremity depending on the location of the bite, internal bleeding, and extreme pain around the injection area.”

There are 29 species of theses snakes. The most common we see are:

Timber rattlesnake (Crotalus horridus)
Sometimes called a canebrake rattlesnake, these snakes found in the Eastern United States. According to the New Hampshire Fish and Wildlife Department, they are large, regularly growing up to 5 feet (1.5 m) long, and have a large banded or chevron-shaped brown and black pattern. However, it is hard to see the brown pattern on some snakes, and they look uniformly black. On others, the background is tan and their bands are clearly brown. According to the Florida Museum of Natural History, timber rattlesnakes in the Sunshine State and other parts of the South are lighter colored with a reddish brown stripe running down the center of their backs.

Eastern diamondback (Crotalus adamanteus)
According to National Geographic, these are the largest venomous snakes in North America, reaching up to 8 feet (2.4 m). They are found from North Carolina to Louisiana. They have a visually striking yellow-bordered black diamond pattern.

Western diamondback (Crotalus atrox)
At up to 7 feet long (2 m), this is the largest of the Southwestern rattlers and considered the most dangerous. According to the ADW, it causes more fatalities than any other snake in the United States. Its back is covered with dark diamond-shaped patches lined with lighter scales, and according to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum, its rattle has a unique black-and-white, raccoon-like color scheme. Unlike many other rattlers who flee, the Western diamondback will stand its ground, coil, and hiss when threatened.

The hiss I remember the most. I used to run into them along the Arkansas River while I was fly fishing. That was down by Salida which is at a lower altitude than where I live. I don't go there anymore and go north up the river. I've never run into one up here.

I hear you Pete, anymore I'm as scared as most, problem with getting old and slow I guess. When younger I would do some really risky things that my family would just look the other way. For me its a big deal to just keep regular anymore.

I gave up on being regular.

What ever one can handle. That may sound funny to some but if the problem is theirs they aren't laughing....  If you see a rattlesnake close to you that could all change, :roll:   :face: being regular will have returned quickly.   8)

you guys have racers where you live? they are the really mean aggressive ones. they dont warn, they attack and strike very hard. non poisionous but real mean.met a 6 footer once. it looked at me and went into the brush. i was praying very hard. in the yard i hit them with 50 degree well water and then they cant move and then i pick them up with a fork and take them to the other side of the road near the house. hog nose snakes are slightly poisionous but very very much like a nuetered cat. you can pet them. they never bite and have very small teeth. if you did get bite by one of them it would be sore and swell some and go away in a few days. how about scorpions? my sister inlaw was getting dressed for work a couple of years ago and felt a bad  hot pain in one of her butt cheeks. a scorpion was in her pants. she went to the emergency room with the scorpion she smashed with a shoe. they said she would feel like she had the flu for a few days but thats all. they said of the 3 scorpions they have their,hers was the least of the bad ones. in my life ive been bitten twice by brown recluse spiders. it was a bad experience for me. i was off work for a week with both of them. got the scars to prove the bites as the doctors had to really go deep to get all the poision out. ohyes, 6 mountain lions were spotted on a trail cam 3 miles from my house. 3 days ago  a rancher shot one of them going after his yard free range chickens. i do not like lions. they have about cleaned out all the ranch and farm cats in this county.

The brown recluse is really bad. You can lose a limb from them.

Back