700ml @ the Farm with BH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sabotloader-
I'm impressed with your shooting and your presentation skill. I'm not likely to buy a 700, but I would pay for a lesson on overlaying those shooting notes on the target. Very very nice.
Cob

crittergitter

I buy 6-8" of 1/2" copper pipe then with a tubing cutter - cut pieces off to length.. The Gas Hole is drilled with a 13/64" drill bit.

RemCopperWeathershield.jpg

Hope this helps

Corncob

To be honest with you I use Microsoft Publisher v3.0. I load the picture to a blank page in Publisher then I insert a text box into the picture type in the information. When I get all the information I then "select all" tell the program to "group" everything - then save it as a picture...

Underclocked is a real pro at this he may have an easier way...

Paint.net (not paint) http://www.getpaint.net/ is a decent freeware program that will allow you to do very good photo editing. Do a custom install and uncheck all those option boxes.

Another is GIMP for windows http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

You could create target presentations like Mike did above just using Windows built in Paint program but it can be tedious.

crittergitter

Correct... but I also made a couple slightly longer - in fact thay were long enough that the bolt would not close easily... then I sanded the shroud until it would allow the bolt to close easily - that way the end of the shroud is very close to the forward wall and 95% of the gas would go out the gas hole.

Using this shroud makes it really important that you clean the bolt (hammer spring area really well when you do your routine cleaning).

Thanks sabotloader. I remember cleaning the guns when i first got them back in 96 and for giggles I took the bolts apart and I was amazed at how dirty they got. That has always been a spot to not overlook when cleaning for sure. Great guns though even if they are a pita to clean.

Sabotloader, do you know what size the flash hole is in your cabela's 209 conversion? I have the Rem 209 bp and I get serious hangfires, my disc elite has .035 flashhole and I'm guessing my Rem is around .028. I've been thinking of drilling out the Rem 209 bp to .035 but I'm not sure if it a good idea to do, considering the blow back everyone talks about on the Remington.

rickster

Sorry did not see this till just now... The Remington Nipple will ptobably not work very well with BH because of it design. It is designed to release pressure and to insure the 209 is not blown out of the nipple. With the design Remington came up with there is to much pressure released to sustain the instant ignition of BH. If you look at a Cabelas nipple it is pretty much closed right out to the end.

I do not know the size of the flash hole - but I would probably not drill it out - it might cause the 209 to be pushed so hard that it could damage the trigger assembly.

Thanks sabotloader, you confirmed what I was thinking, I'll just keep using 777 in the Rem until I get a cabelas 209 conversion.

Swampman said:
I wish I could find one of those bolt tools.

Just do a search on the internet for 'Remington Bolt Tool' - the tools are still out there. Just probably not one that as inexpensive as the one I have.

sqezer said:
Pretty good shooting sabot, that thing in the back ground is that your target holder. :lol: :prayer:

Heck no... That truck is still running good and paying for itself, especially since it is paid for... Besides it is Historic and covered by the 'Antiquity Laws' that protect relics.

sqezer said:
12-18-73 I started gear jamming legally, she's still looking good. Now the question is does that make me a relic??? :think: :lol: :lol:

I respectfully decline comment on our status in that department :huh?:

Latest posts

Back