325 Yard Patched Roundball in Wind

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis1

Reaction score
<hr />
I couldn’t resist, had to play at longer distance with the Lyman GP .54 Cal Patched Ball, Lubed with GENUINE SKUNK, SUPER SKUNK that is  :D, Target is my LARGE 20” Steel Plate, 1/2” Thick AR500, This Thing is HEAVY, like 60 pounds, The 230 Grain ball is NOT gonna Swing this, But you can hear the Hits. I pack this CHUNK of Steel up the Hill and get setup, the Winds Starts in, What's a Guy to do? SEND EM!! :Red tup:​

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UdL_E9mQ0jQ" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>​

On to 500 Yards, I Need a DEAD CALM Morning for it. I am determined to find where the Ball say’s i Quit  :D This 230 Grain .535 Diameter Ball from my .54 is Stil LETHAL at 325 Yards. No one should EVER attempt such a thing on Game Though!!! But if i were in a Fire Fight up there this evening at 325 Yards, i would have Shot my way out of it and made it home 8)

RLSMITH said:
That is great shooting Lewis
Thanks Roger :Red tup:

When i left it was PERFECTLY Calm, And it Stayed that way til i packed that 60 Pound Chunk of Steel up the Hill and Hung it on the Stand. On my way back down to my Truck the Wind Started Blowing, GO FIGURE  :x  I hoped it would Stop, NOPE it kept getting Worse. It takes a LOT of Work to Set this stuff up, Then Have to leave without Firing a Shot (I’ve had to do that several times) I decided to Throw Caution to the Wind  :cheers: And GO WITH IT. I fired at the Calmest points i could Feel

After the 2 Shots on Steel, the Wind Became unbearably bad, i Started Packing my stuff up, the Wind was blowing my Things off the Tailgate of my Truck. My gun was loaded, The Wind was Back n Forth, I decided to unload my Gun, i Took another Pop Shot at my Target (Off Camera, it was put away in my Truck) I missed, I didn’t hear the Gong Come back? I get up the Hill and Start Taking my Target Down, That is when I Seen this

3rd shot off Camera, Hit High (BAD WIND) Hit my 2X4 Hanger
F5-FDF281-5-B6-B-4-FE7-A617-535-EB6-E759-D8.jpg

It Blew Through the 2X4 Hanger, Remember that Old Blown Down Tree Behind my Target in the Video? The Ball is BURIED in it! I can see the Hole, But Not the Ball, it’s gonna take tools to get it out, i will get it next time I’m up there.
706-D3345-40-BC-483-F-A9-C9-2-EA42-FC49-AE7.jpg

Back