Your Favorite Concealed Carry?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michigan passed what they call the castle doctrine a few of years ago. It allows for protection from civil liability if its determined to be a self defense shoot.

All permit processes have been standardized and you do have to have a class that meets certain requirements. The NRA Personal Protection in the Home is one such class. These classes also have to have a legal segment that is usually taught by a lawyer.
DC

Springfield EMP in .40S&W.

springfieldEMP.jpg

Keltec PF9 for general carry and either Glock 23 or SW 686 4" if bears could be on the agenda.

And we don't have no stinkin concealed laws in the Liberal State of Vermont.. :lol:

Conc Carry

All these pistols are great..the mitigating factor is to carry what you will be COMFORTABLE carrying....all the time, anywhere! The only pistol I would bet my life on is a GLOCK..Yes it's ugly, but it works everytime. But what is my constant carry gun? KELTEC P-3AT .380 because I can hide it and carry it comfortably everywhere, all the time. Won't stop a Grizzly, but a center mass blast at < 10 ft will change a bad guy mind. Don't bring a knife to a gun fight and don't let a knife attacker within 10 ft of you.
God Bless and God Save our Constitution

cayuga

In states that allow a carry concealed permit, there has to be some sort of civil liability should you ever feel the need to use the weapon. Are there any State protections for you when you do feel the need to use it or does the State basically hang you out to dry to all civil law suits?

Also does local government do any certification of carry in your State? I know they were talking about those in Wisconsin having to go before a local government official, like the County Sheriff. The Sheriff (for a fee of course) would hold a weapons class. In this class you would be schooled in a shoot don't shoot scenario. Also the civil liability laws that pertain to the gun owners responsibility would be addressed. Last they were going to put you through a hands on range shooting class. Here you must prove a degree of proficiency with the weapon you intend to carry. I suspect this is for the safety of the general public so in the event you are ever forced to use the weapon in defense of your life, your not shooting up the neighborhood. Or does the State simply issue the card to you and let you hang out there on your own?

In KY, we have to go to a state certified training class in which you are required to demonstrate shooting proficiency and complete familiarity with your weapon-i.e. disassembly & cleaning etc. The class also includes extensive scenario discussions over shoot/don't shoot. The law in KY pretty much is on the shooter's side if he/she feels THEIR life is in imminent danger. The sticky part is if you see a drug deal going down, feel someone ELSE'S life is in danger and shoot the person you think is the bad guy and he turns out to be an undercover police officer, you are gonna have a hard time proving that someone else felt their life was in imminent danger. We can carry concealed anywhere it is not visibly posted, except schools, courthouses (jails too), and government bldgs.

Back