Favorite venison recipes???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was only a regional beer & I'm surprised to be able to buy it all the way down here in Fl.
But you should have access to plenty of amazing craft brewed beer in Vt.
Vermont definitely has great small craft breweries. I’m not very far from the NY border so occasionally I’ll pick up Yuengling when I’m over that way.

Yuengling brewery is one of the oldest breweries around. I pay under $18.00 for a 24 count case, which is certainly not price gouging. They make an awesome traditional lager, which is my favorite, and a great black and tan. They are family owned and still have family values, which the other breweries just lost. I will put my money on them as the rest of the big breweries are big business and are bought off very easily…
Yuengling IS - Thee oldest Brewery in America. It was always really cool to go there & drive thru their building & load up on beer. And I too love the traditional Lager as well as the Black & Tan. My German half has made me a natural born beer lover I think.

I included my favorite, heart attack on a plate. 3rd one down on page 1 of this thread.

I forgot the can or 2 of cream of mushroom. That makes it so much more healthy.

😂
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

I made a bucket of it for a trout fishing trip a few weeks ago. Four of us ate the whole bucket in one meal.

One of our favorite recipes.. the "Adonis Log"

First off, we use a Sous Vide machine. Inexpensive and awesome way to prepare meat. $199 Amazon. We use this alot....

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Precis...MIor25u-Hl_wIVgACtBh0T-gsmEAQYASABEgLK1fD_BwE
We also use a vacuum sealer.

I generally have my backstraps cut into quarters
Roll cut it using a sharp knife like the following:

Brush Olive Oil on both sides
Cut Black Olives into 1/4 pieces and set aside. The amount is per your taste buds.
We cover half the strap, length wise with the olives
Next, sprinkle either Feta or Goat Cheese pieces on top of the olives.
Then drizzle you're favorite Greek Dressing on top of the Olives and Cheese
Finally add fresh crushed black pepper. We use this sparingly.
Roll lengthwise until you have long meat roll with goodies spiraled in the center..

Rather than solely using the oven, we vacuum seal the log and submerse into sous vide system.
Set the waterbath temp to 145, so log cooks to medium rare.
I turn machine on catch 3 or 4 episodes of "Beverly Hillbillies" (1.5 - 2.0 hours).

It's ready to eat, but we like to do a quick rolling sear to the outside in the oven broiler.
Make this very quick lest you'll have liquid cheese out the ends of the log.
Cut in thick medallions and have a couple warm Billy Beers...

First off, we use a Sous Vide machine. Inexpensive and awesome way to prepare meat. $199 Amazon. We use this alot....

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Precis...MIor25u-Hl_wIVgACtBh0T-gsmEAQYASABEgLK1fD_BwE

Cut Black Olives into 1/4 pieces and set aside. The amount is per your taste buds.
Roll lengthwise until you have long meat roll with goodies spiraled in the center..

Rather than solely using the oven, we vacuum seal the log and submerse into sous vide system.
I turn machine on catch 3 or 4 episodes of "Beverly Hillbillies" (1.5 - 2.0 hours).

It's ready to eat, but we like to do a quick rolling sear to the outside in the oven broiler.

Great idea, i can see using this method on a deer loin. Maybe putting bacon and venison sausage, cheese, scallions, whatever floats your boat. Then place it in smoker..

Yuengling IS - Thee oldest Brewery in America. It was always really cool to go there & drive thru their building & load up on beer. And I too love the traditional Lager as well as the Black & Tan. My German half has made me a natural born beer lover I think.
Absolutely the best beer to put into your chili (no beans) and some more to drink whilst you eat it...!!! Unfortunately, roadtrip to get it is ~500 miles. Though my son, the millwright, travels east for jobs and he brings a couple of cases back. Bad news--- he working in NY and won't be back until end of August:confused:

most deer harvesters don't bother with the rib's.what a waste.cut them into sections { small enough to put into a large soup pot } then boil them up with your favorite spices.scup out the bones and you have a great soup stock.Also venison liver is the best cooked with bacon and onion.Don't waste the harts the are great pickled.

most deer harvesters don't bother with the rib's.what a waste.cut them into sections { small enough to put into a large soup pot } then boil them up with your favorite spices.scup out the bones and you have a great soup stock.Also venison liver is the best cooked with bacon and onion.Don't waste the harts the are great pickled.
Tho the hearts are better fresh, flour dusted and fried in butter....IMO

Any good venison pastrami recipes out there?
I've had deer meat about every way imaginable since I was old enough to eat solid food. But I've never seen or heard of Venison Pastrami. I absolutely love real pastrami & I love deer meat, that sounds awesome. I'd love to have some.
I fell in love with deer snack sticks many yrs ago & I've had them from numerous diff makers & I don't remember ever having any that I didn't really like. But this past yr a friend had made them & added Jalapeño cheese to the mix. WOW, they were amazing. With a good beer or two, simply out of this world. I hope that someone does post a Venison Pastrami recipe, I will be using it.

WOW.The Beverly Hillbillies and venison.You sure know how to live. :dance:

Latest posts

Back