Wife's First Deer! Son's First Buck! Daughter Gets A Double!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IOWA'S SHOTGUN SEASON

Four tags, four deer down!

It was a great weekend for our family hunt. The only thing that I'm still scratchin my head over is the fact that my tag got filled but I didn't get a chance to pull my trigger. But thats ok, it's legal to party hunt in our state so my daughter decided to help me out.

My son shot his first buck this year and couldn't be more happy. It was a young 8 pointer. He calls it a ten because it has small split brow tines. He used his Triumph topped with an Omega scope, 80 grains of BH209, CCI 209M primer, and a 250 grain Barnes TEZ bullet. It was a 50 yard pass through shot that took out both lungs.

My daughter shot her two does the same evening about 5 minutes apart. After her first shot, the other deer in the field just stood there, so she reloaded with the help of her cousin and shot again. She used an Encore with 110 grains of BH209 and a Barnes 250 grain bullet. Her first one was a bang flop at 90 yards. Her second one was 75 yards and just stood there until it fell over.

Sorry about the rotten photos, my digital camera was acting up.
U91pWx9.jpg

The next morning, my wife and I were sitting in a ground blind when five bucks came out with two does. All of the bucks were young and on this piece of ground, my brother-in-law wants to let them grow for a few more years ( he shot a huge 185" with his bow a few weeks ago ) My wife picked out one of the does (button buck) and made a 90 yard shot with her Pursuit XLT topped with an Omega scope, 110 grains of BH209, a CCI 209M PRIMER, and a 290 grain Barnes TEZ. It was a beautiful shot! She had to shoot it free hand sitting on a chair because I forgot my shooting stick in the truck.

It was a fantastic time and I can't wait to do it again next year!

congrats to you and the family.ya sure filled your freezer quick,i'm sure the memories will outlast the venison...........karl

Great to see the kids take a deer. Good eating! Congrats to your family. Mark

Congratulations to the family. That's the way to fill a freezer with some good meat!

deer

Nice pile of venison there!! Good eatin!!

Congrats to all------Mark

Looks like someone is going to eat good this winter! :wink: Congrats to you and the Family. 8)

ShawnT

Latest posts

Back