What's Your Favorite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since we are confessing, my mother would love this stuff bless her soul. I have been married for 48 years to the same lovely Chech girl who was my high school sweetheart. Now her being Chech and having a family the size of DFW and our town having 5 Fraternal Halls in it you can believe we had beer drinking growing up. Our tastes got a little refined as we got older. I drink coffee almost all day with cream and Slenda, doesnt effect my sleep.

Wines my wife prefers a good chardinay. Me i am a Yago Sangria type guy. Love Spanish fruity wines.
Beer growing up was my father in laws favorite Pearl. Mine now is Lone Star or Shiner Bock, extremely filling.
Liqour is simple. Either Crown Royal, my favorite over ice, or Canadian Hunter over ice.
When it comes to drugs, no way Jose'.
During hunting seasons in camp at night it is beer or Crown with supper or playing cards.
:thumbs up:

An occasional nip of hard stuff does help dull pain, of which I have too much. But what I get tired of doing is banging my hand with a hammer just to justify a drink.
Yea it's hell when ya run out of nails,i use to keep a stack of 2x4s out by the shed. :) after i stopped drinking i kept finding empty half pints here and there and would think damn i hope that was mine ;)

Favorite is Wild Turkey, and Jim Beam is excellent. Sure would like to find my favorite Wild Turkey Rye. Red wines & Guinness (or similar stouts) are my favorites. Love coffee and drink several cups each morning. I like the darkest roast and drink it black. Do have a friend who's fond of Arkansas Stump-lifter.

Favorite is Wild Turkey, and Jim Beam is excellent. Sure would like to find my favorite Wild Turkey Rye. Red wines & Guinness (or similar stouts) are my favorites. Love coffee and drink several cups each morning. I like the darkest roast and drink it black. Do have a friend who's fond of Arkansas Stump-lifter.
The darker the brew the less caffien i get my coffee from Mavericks Roasting Co. Sequoia blend is great Breakfast brew is excellent, Midnight Ride is a blend of dark and light look for their website..

Perked black coffee, unsweetened Luzianne iced tea, my homemade hard and dry apple cider, Honey Brown beer and Evan Williams Bourbon. Booze in moderation so I'm not open to spirits.

When i had my diabetic episode a couple years ago, my diet consultant said no more beer, i like Shiner Bock, too much sugar and carbs in them. Then she opens her mouth and says liquor has no sugar left after distilling, SSSOOOOOO, you can drink it no problem. My wife looked at me , her eyebrows furrowed up, " That doesnt mean you can drink all you want! " Never could hear to good you know.
DL

Vodka here!
Like Bud, but not so much these craft brews, probably the hops I don't care for.

I can't stand "flavored" beer, wine or whiskey; It has to taste like what it is, not something else! I don't like anything in my coffee so I drink it black. I drink black British Blend tea and want nothing in it. My friend, a Brit, forces me to drink it "Brit style" with cream & sugar when I'm around him. I like some herb teas, especially "True Blueberry". I do like brandy, too.

Since we are most all outdoorsmen, we keep aware of the bad stuff while in the bush. Ticks are the worst things in the woods. About 40% are said to carry Lime or other diseases. If this covid-19 stays around through hunting season we could be looking at Corona with lime! :cheers:

A Corona with lime was my favorite beer. I assume it will be not politically correct to order one now. Then again, where the hell would I order it from, all the bars are closed! Makes me crazy.

I go for regular beer. No flavored beer. I do like a Shiner Bock now and then. Now whiskeys are straight up or over ice. A good Canadian blend like Crown Royal or Canadian Hunter is all i need in that department.

Generally, I can't abide the taste of alcohol in any form. There have been exceptions, though. A friend brought some whiskey from Scotland after visiting her parents there. She insisted that I taste it. It wasn't bad! Not good enough for me to seek it out, but it didn't taste like medicine like other hard liquors did to me.
At a bar outside Chicksands Air Force Base in northern England, someone let me taste their ginger beer. It wasn't bad at all.

Ron

The talk about water has me kinda thirsty. So let's talk about this.

What is you favorite(s) in the following categories; be a specific, wordy, etc, as you want?

WHISKEY: ALL DISTILLED BEVERAGES

WINE: DOMESTIC OR IMPORTED

BEER/ALE: BREWED BEVERAGES

OTHER ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: WHATEVER THEY MIGHT BE

LET'S INCLUDE COFFEE AND/OR TEA. I'M A FAIRLY MAJOR COFFEE DRINKER. HOW DO YOU DRINK IT: BLACK, SUGAR, MILK, OTHER?
Rum and coke at Christmas time...will finish about half a small glass. After open heart surgery in'92 for some reason lost all taste for alcohol. Puzzles me to this day. Use to love my Coors beer. Lucky if I have one or two a year now....sucks! Coffee...love it hot, dark, no sugar, and lots of it!! Tea is good also...love ice tea in summer. Wine doesn't interest me in the least. Water...at least 70+ ounces a day. Damn...that is really boring;)

The talk about water has me kinda thirsty. So let's talk about this.

What is you favorite(s) in the following categories; be a specific, wordy, etc, as you want?

WHISKEY: ALL DISTILLED BEVERAGES

WINE: DOMESTIC OR IMPORTED

BEER/ALE: BREWED BEVERAGES

OTHER ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: WHATEVER THEY MIGHT BE

LET'S INCLUDE COFFEE AND/OR TEA. I'M A FAIRLY MAJOR COFFEE DRINKER. HOW DO YOU DRINK IT: BLACK, SUGAR, MILK, OTHER?

not much on hard stuff, but I do have a small bar for "friends" I make my own beer, but periodically run out and resort to "whatever you bring"......

Photo on 6-22-20 at 11.56 AM #2.jpg

My squeeze is not a beer lover, but she does like Corona with lime. She buys her Corona and I buy my Guinness.

Latest posts

Back