What's Your Favorite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Lagavulin 16yr old single malt, Mitchells Pepper Tree Shiraz, Millers Draught , Coopers Sparkling Ale ( my own home brew), Broken Orange Pekhoe tea, and Mago Espresso Coffee beans imported by a local Italian family. Tea black or white with sugar, Coffee any which way, depends on the day !

I still remember what a friend told me when I asked him about his drinking. He said, "Alcohol killed my daddy, so I swore an oath to kill as much of it as I can".

I drink about a pot of Eight O'clock black coffee in the morning. Usually stop drinking coffee about 10:30 and will drink water the rest of the day. When I get home from work will pop the top on a couple of Bud Lights or Bud Light Lime. Never been able to drink anything stronger than beer. On a Saturday while cutting grass and doing yard work a full six pack has been known to of disappeared.;)

True, there's no accounting for individual's tastes. To me light beer IS water and I try not to ever drink it. Coffee is part of the food group in my book. The only time I drink much at all is when I visit my friend in Georgia. Not only is he a prolific beer brewer but he keeps various commercial brews in the fridge. When down there it's at least a couple of beers a day plus a taste of various brands of whisky. At home a 12 count pack of longnecks will usually last me a couple of months; I ration all my drinks. But not coffee. I consume around six cups every morning - based on 6 oz cups - of a good dark French Roast. Coffee is quite good for you. The caffeine may offend some but I never feel it.

True, there's no accounting for individual's tastes. To me light beer IS water and I try not to ever drink it. Coffee is part of the food group in my book. The only time I drink much at all is when I visit my friend in Georgia. Not only is he a prolific beer brewer but he keeps various commercial brews in the fridge. When down there it's at least a couple of beers a day plus a taste of various brands of whisky. At home a 12 count pack of longnecks will usually last me a couple of months; I ration all my drinks. But not coffee. I consume around six cups every morning - based on 6 oz cups - of a good dark French Roast. Coffee is quite good for you. The caffeine may offend some but I never feel it.

Yes, you feel it. Skip the 6 cups and see how you feel. :)

Whiskey: I prefer a good double rye, High West please or Bullet Rye if need be. But other then socially, I only have a night cap before bed.
However, on Saturday nights its scotch night, I am picky so only Lagavulin 16yr will do.
If none of the above are available then it milk and water for me.

Now I do partake in rum from time to time, but no sweet stuff; Smith&Cross or I pass.

Wine: not a fan

Beer: used to drink it in the Army, never drank as a kid. But these days age seems to have taken away my appetite for it, too filling. Haven't had a beer since my last skydive back around 2007 I think.

Coffee: all day please, just a pinch of sugar and a drop of cream, but cream need be Irish Creamer....or just black will do.

But water; doc says I need More water (health issues) so I try to drink as much as possible.

non drinker since aug ‘07
Drink coffee to which I am particular with brand, up here in Canada I drink Tim Hortons and MacDonalds coffee regularly. Not a Starbucks fan but when I’m visiting NYC it’s Dunkin Donuts coffee or the coffee cart guy at Central Park ;) No cheap coffee for this guy! I’ll drink it black, double double Or lotsa cream lotsa sugar like Winston Wolf from Pulp Fiction.

Tea as well black green or herbal or my handpicked Labrador tea. Tea is great for out in the bush along side a fire. Lotsa water too. All alkaline filtered mostly.
There’s also nothing like a tall glass of Canada Dry ginger ale in ice. :p

Yes, you feel it. Skip the 6 cups and see how you feel. :)

I do skip days. My practice is to fast 1 to 2 days every week and that means no coffee. I've also had days on which coffee was not an option. Absolutely no difference that I could tell; and brothers, I drink STRONG black coffee. To me it's just a mild sedative and makes me just a bit drowsy.

But then I simply don't react to drugs and such like most do. For chronic pain I've taken vicodin, oxycontin and methadone among others and didn't care for them. For one thing none touched my pain. I also never got any feelings of a "high" or whatever they are abused for. Morphine did help but was mild in it's effect; no biggy there. I do not take nor have I taken anything specifically for pain in years. When available the little bit of cannabis I've tried did work better than aspirin. Down in my native Georgia I received a few bee stings and even more fire ant stings (can't get away from those blasted demons) and received blessed though temporary relief in my hands from bad arthritis pain.

And I used to drink coffee in the evening before bed and slept soundly. My squeeze tells me my taste buds are all burned out from too much chili's and cayenne, etc, pepper; she may be right about that.

I'm just the opposite. Everything works on me and most of the time it overworks.

One cup of coffee keeps me buzzing all morning. If I had one for supper i'd never get to sleep at night. All pain pills work forever. Oxycontin would put me in a 12 hour sleep.

You can probably tell I never take meds anymore. I just deal with the crap I get.

I'm just the opposite. Everything works on me and most of the time it overworks.

One cup of coffee keeps me buzzing all morning. If I had one for supper i'd never get to sleep at night. All pain pills work forever. Oxycontin would put me in a 12 hour sleep.

You can probably tell I never take meds anymore. I just deal with the crap I get.
I absolutely LOVE the flavor of coffee! Drank caffeinated coffee up-until last year when I quit for the same symptoms you mentioned above. Now my hot beverage is decaf tea, decaf coffee or hot chocolate.

This is a really interesting post. We have some real beverage connoisseurs among us.

Because you never take meds like Oxy. Ol'Man', that's why you are so sensitive to them.

...Beer, all over the microbrew movement here in eastern US. Love american pale ales and IPAs but can appreciate a good porter or stout. everyone is brewing incredible beer here...
/QUOTE]
Yep..Microbrews are everywhere up here in the Northeast. :)
I too enjoy the IPA's.

I absolutely LOVE the flavor of coffee! Drank caffeinated coffee up-until last year when I quit for the same symptoms you mentioned above. Now my hot beverage is decaf tea, decaf coffee or hot chocolate.

This is a really interesting post. We have some real beverage connoisseurs among us.

Because you never take meds like Oxy. Ol'Man', that's why you are so sensitive to them.

Yeah, it's probably the same with coffee Marty. I never build up a tolerance to the caffeine.

Was pretty much a functional drunk for 15 years. Quit for six months-not a drop. Then drank beer socially until about ten years ago: At the neighbors New Years celebration and dinner i suddenly acquired the urge to choke my friend David who was crying out to be throttled. Managed to control myself and never drank another beer.

i drink two cups of coffee with milk or cream in the morning. The Keurig machine makes good coffee.

The talk about water has me kinda thirsty. So let's talk about this.

What is you favorite(s) in the following categories; be a specific, wordy, etc, as you want?

WHISKEY: ALL DISTILLED BEVERAGES

WINE: DOMESTIC OR IMPORTED

BEER/ALE: BREWED BEVERAGES

OTHER ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES: WHATEVER THEY MIGHT BE

LET'S INCLUDE COFFEE AND/OR TEA. I'M A FAIRLY MAJOR COFFEE DRINKER. HOW DO YOU DRINK IT: BLACK, SUGAR, MILK, OTHER?

Only coffee, black nothing added. ☕

buck conner.jpg

I was going to say mountain man style Buck but i've read they liked sugar in their coffee when they could get it.

I like it black too. Cowboy style. :)

Interesting because my squeeze is the same way. Even decaffeinated coffee/tea will jazz her up if she drinks much of either. I've always teased her because she can lick a wine cork and get loopy. She reacts strongly to meds that have no effect on "moi". Some things I do react to, like muscle relaxants and such, are things I don't often use.

While in my late thirties I found out I was allergic to hard liquor. Every time I drank it I broke out in red and blue flashing lights!!! Still love my beer though. Mossie

Latest posts

Back