What is Your Favorite Modern Inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knight LK-95 and Swift 2-7 x 40 scope.

I bought a Knight Elite a few year ago and enjoy hitting everything I shoot at with very little load development. I bought a second and sold it. Im thinking in the new year Im going to sell my first Elite in favor of this Knight LK 95. Again with very little load development it shoots tight groups but is lighter and shorter. Good for in a blind and to carry all day doing deer drives. I have since mounted a Swift 2-7 scope on it and think this is going to be my Inline. I paid $126.00 for just the gun in an auction and think I was the first to ever shoot it. Love the trigger too.

1669110400237.png

I have a few Knight ‘Elites’, that’s my favorite. I have them in 45 cal & 50. The trigger is as sweet as any hunting centerfire rifle. All I need is a little rest or so & it’s almost like a single-shot 308.

In IL this year I took 2 shots, 110 yard 10 point, 80 yards or so adult doe. Neither went over 35 yards after the shot.

There are great alternative choices, but that’s where I settled.

My favorite is my first in-line. My old faithful Omega. I’ve killed more deer with it than any other gun I own and am extremely confident with it in my hands.

left one in the pic

Attachments

• 6FE7D4D1-9FBA-4924-8E68-AE48A4B838D8.jpeg
    6FE7D4D1-9FBA-4924-8E68-AE48A4B838D8.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
My favorite inline changes from time to time. But the Knight Super Disc .45 is usually my go to gun. But lately im thinking that this Woodman Patriot .45 1:18” could change that. What a sweet gun it is. Its not as pretty as the Knight or Omegas, but it shoulders and points amazing, and shoots lights out accurately. I have to shoot it some more to get to know the trigger better but this year it lives in a hard case in my jeep for hunting season. It is my ML Pick Of The Year for 2022.

Marlin MLS-54. Second favorite Marlin MLS-50. Carry, mount, point, and shoot like my center fire rifles. The .54 shoots a full .50 Barnes Expander MZ and goes clear through anything I have shot with it. Both are set up with Simmons Aetec 2.8-10 silver scopes.

ADK Bigfoot

Marlin MLS-54. Second favorite Marlin MLS-50. Carry, mount, point, and shoot like my center fire rifles. The .54 shoots a full .50 Barnes Expander MZ and goes clear through anything I have shot with it. Both are set up with Simmons Aetec 2.8-10 silver scopes.

ADK Bigfoot
Just dont see many of those around. Got pics?

Got 2 Favorites of the IN-LINE Muzzle Loading Variety I would not call them Modern By no means, But CVA Buckhorn Magnum, then the CVA HunterBolt. Why Modern By No Means, I have seen the stuff out now from Break Open to the Rifle Primer Fired. Mine are Dated and Antiquated by the "Modern Standard" of today. AND YES contrary to misguided, hater Belief they are MUZZLE LOADERS. They are not Flintlock/sidelock/mule ear/matchlock/percussion but muzzle loaders just the same. Turn your nose up thumbs down all ya want or like to. Powder and Bullet stuffed down the barrel with a shotgun primer ignition source No different from flint/percussion/match where powder and bullet go down the barrel......My bad my rant......
I have a CVA Staghorn magnum. That thing is deadly accurate even with 2 triple se7en pellets and 245gr Powerbelts. Ol' walmart special. But for a backup gun or loaner it's excellent. No hesitation to take it to the woods for me.

Knight mountaineer in nitrate finish. Shoots wonderful with front globe and rear peep with 460 Bullshop conicals. One of my best groups at 225 yards.

Attachments

• A73935D3-A6C4-49F9-A92C-D85279611491.jpeg
    A73935D3-A6C4-49F9-A92C-D85279611491.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • C8EDCC53-284B-4DDF-8A08-BC72DB8713D9.jpeg
    C8EDCC53-284B-4DDF-8A08-BC72DB8713D9.jpeg
    855.2 KB · Views: 0
I have five 52 cal. Knights of various models and years of production. Hog hunting 90% of the time, I like heavy full bore lead slugs and by casting my own, ammo is no problem. I also paper patch .515 bullets.

I just wish Knight built a heavy barreled .72 cal rifle on the TK2000 design.

CVA Accura V2.
I really love my Avvura v2 .45 as well. I shoot it & hunt with it far more than any other ML I have. But I've been an Omega lover since they first came out,I wish I still had the first 2 Grey Lam/SS .50's I bought within the first yr they came out. I have 1 donor now & 1 being built. I can't wait to rekindle my long love affair with an Omega in my hands again.

Easily a plane jane Knight Ultra-Lite

50-Ultra-Lite.jpg

Latest posts

Back